Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Save samples as wav

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I think the option to save recorded samples as wav format in the .vdj files would be useful (and not always mp3), as loops tend to have a little skip between repeats (due to the mp3 format).

When I play a recorded loop that I just recorded, it loops seamlessly because it's still decoded PCM info in the memory; however, when I save and reload it, there is a little skip that adds itself between the loop's repeats...

macourteau

geposted Thu 22 Jul 04 @ 7:49 pm

ditto that... :)

there is a problem with saving loops in sample engine, where the mp3 format "force" a skip in sound at each loop.

geposted Thu 22 Jul 04 @ 7:52 pm
Noticed that too, but I've not really been using it a lot to bug me enough!

Wave as well please lol.

geposted Thu 22 Jul 04 @ 8:16 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Agree! Would love to see wave's.

geposted Fri 23 Jul 04 @ 10:55 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
why not just an option to decompress it (into memory) upon loading most samples arn't that big and wouldnt require much more RAM utilisation

geposted Fri 23 Jul 04 @ 12:31 pm
That's what VDJ does (at least, I think), but the problem lies in the fact that the sample was encoded to mp3, so even when it's decoded there will be that small skip in loops. That's why it would be useful to have the option to save the samples as wav and not only mp3 in the .vdj files.

macourteau

geposted Fri 23 Jul 04 @ 12:44 pm
ZawertHome userMember since 2009
Does anyone know a place with some cool samples in .wav form?
Im new here btw :)

- Zawert

geposted Sun 19 Apr 09 @ 10:34 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Zawert wrote :
Does anyone know a place with some cool samples in .wav form?
Im new here btw :)

- Zawert

I prefer mp3 format for samples using VDJ. Rip your own, its faster, and easier....

geposted Sun 19 Apr 09 @ 10:36 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)