Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Problem with ICDX Backspin - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

DJFocusPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Can anyone help me with this.....

In backspinning with my ICDX.........i have a problem. About 20 percent of the time when i backspin the platter fast on the icdx...a pop up appears on the screen of my pc saying something about an incompaitble version of "DIRECT X" and then the program shuts down? What is causing this?

geposted Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 4:59 am
The gods are angry because Numark produced equipment that is futuristic & doesn't coincide with the present year.

geposted Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 8:03 am
Phatt BPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Mantahoe wrote :
The gods are angry because Numark produced equipment that is futuristic & doesn't coincide with the present year.

Haha nice Mantahoe!

I think it might mean that the iCDX is performing to quickly for your computer to handle. Simply downlaod the latest version of direct-x. That should fix it.

Phatt B

geposted Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 10:14 am
DJFocus,

Can you tell us a bit more about the iCDX. How do you like it so far?

A

geposted Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 11:28 am
Phatt BPRO InfinityMember since 2006
asymptote wrote :
DJFocus
Can you tell us a bit more about the iCDX. How do you like it so far?

I would'nt mind an answer for that question as well :)

geposted Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 11:33 am
alx2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes, I'm getting my iCDXs on monday or tuesday.... and I want some info :P

do the platter act as a touch surface or is it like a pushbutton?

geposted Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 11:38 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
alx2k wrote :
Yes, I'm getting my iCDXs on monday or tuesday.... and I want some info :P

do the platter act as a touch surface or is it like a pushbutton?

It is as push button. But what about backspin? I heard there is a problem, it doesn't backspin more than 2 seconds.

geposted Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 12:35 pm
Well other than the problem with the backspin and my Direct X, I really like the hardware. Virtual DJ is completely integrated into all the buttons on the ICDX. In terms of the length of the backspin, yes, it doesnt backspin long. What ive been doing is holding down the platter and backspinning it manually. A hassle, yes I know, but nothing earth shattering tot urn me off the equipment. I just wanna get this DIRECT X problem fixed!!...lol...But ill see tonite if downloading the new version works

geposted Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 2:31 pm
gulkerPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi, I have a suggestion. I have 2 iCDXs. I have been using them, without much of a problem.Try this first.

1 - Disconnect your iCDXs and as standalone in VDJ activate your video. I am pretty sure it will generate the Direct X error.

2 - OK, if this happens, you will ask "How is this related to iCDX". This is how so:
While iCDXs are active and playing in VDJ, and you try to change the mode to CD/MP3 (in your case it could be the FX button) , and happend to hit the left knob, it activates the Video. I have not figured it out yet what combination or state causes this. You can test this, even while it is active in VDJ, turn the left knob and minimize your VDJ, you will see that active video window is popped up.

I don't think it is a defect, I think it is just VDJ responding one of the iCDXs buttons/knobs and activating the Video. I suspect, in your case, your video has some Direct X issues, and cannot activate and gives an error.

Again I have been experimenting with the iCDXs since Oct 23rd, I may be wrong.

geposted Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 3:48 pm
Interesting problems and I hope you solve them, but please please tell us if the iCDX is worth buying or not. ;-]

Andy

geposted Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 4:42 pm
asymptote wrote :
Interesting problems and I hope you solve them, but please please tell us if the iCDX is worth buying or not. ;-]

Andy

In my opinion it is worth every penny.

geposted Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 4:49 pm
So gulker....would u say downloading an up to date version of Direct X might fix the problem...because the error box says "You have an incompatible version of Direct X....please download from the website the newst version".....or is it something else? Because this doesnt happen all the time when I backspin

geposted Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 5:15 pm
DJFocus wrote :
So gulker....would u say downloading an up to date version of Direct X might fix the problem...because the error box says "You have an incompatible version of Direct X....please download from the website the newst version".....or is it something else? Because this doesnt happen all the time when I backspin

I don't think it is just related to the Direct X. Let me tell you what happened with me so you can use some of them to trouble shoot;

1 - I don't use Video in VDJ much but I wanted to give it a try. I noticed that, despite having latest Direct X and video drivers, it would give me the same error when I activated the video and (I am in the office, VDJ is not in front of me so bear with me) the option for the device was Windows driver or Window box or something like that (I think it is the option box right below the Activate video option) on my PC (Yes I admit heheheh, I have the VDJ installed on my PC as well as my laptop ). This would happen until I selected one of the displays ( I have 2 video card, one with 2 outputs, totalling to 3 displays). I selected one of the nVidia outputs and poof the magic, it worked. I have to tell you tho, it only liked one of the outputs. I guess this has something to do with my other video card's capabilities. Interesting.

2 - I have nVidia card in my laptop also. Funny thing is, I never had to choose which video output I want. If I do not select a specific output, it pops a video box in main display by itself without giving an error.

3 - I also want to add one more thing. It does not happen always but some times, when I press the search button and spin the platter to move forward in the song, the video box pops up. Again, PC sees iCDXs as USB-HID. I turned the "Keyboard Short Cuts" off so I could use the keyboard only for search capabilities (it still starts the Deck no 1 when I hit the space bar, This may be something I should ask the development team). I thought iCDX was acting as a optical mouse or some sort. I still belive, since iCDX is USB-HID, much like your optical mouse (or USB mouse), some key kombination or just some button on iCDX could be sending a signal to activate video.

After I read your topic, I've been thinking about it. I also own DAC 3, which is a USB-HID device. When I plugged it to my PC after I plugged my mouse, it would interfere with some functionality within another DJ software (ok, ok, I am a loyal VDJ user, I am not having an extrasoftwarial affair, hehehe, ). Do you follow me.

Let me know what you think

geposted Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 5:51 pm
No i defiantely see wut u are saying gulker...come to think of it...i was thinking the same thing that button combinations on the ICDX were causing the problem. HMMMMMMMM.....the question is though....wut do u think would be the course of action to rectify this if its not directly affected by the direct x version. Some options on VDJ changed maybe? Let me know wut u think cuz I really wanna try and rectify this problem over the weekend cuz i have two parties to do next week.

Just let me knwo wut u would reccommend

geposted Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 6:15 pm
Well,

I have not try this but couple of thinks may help (I'll try them tonight as well)

1 - I wan to make sure, none of the keyboard short cuts effecting the VDJ.

2 - I would connect the iCDXs first to USB ports then connect other USB devices (USB mouse, hard drive, sound card)

3 - Think more, about what could be the cause of the problem. hehehe

geposted Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 6:22 pm
i already have a maya usb hooked up to the other usb port

geposted Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 6:45 pm
gulker wrote :
asymptote wrote :

Andy

In my opinion it is worth every penny.

Thanks Gulker

andy

geposted Sat 04 Nov 06 @ 6:07 pm
Well ive downloaded the latest driver for direct X, and gulker's diagnostic seems to be correct. It is something with the backspin on the ICDX that seems to activate the video function in VDJ, and it is still causing my program to crash. It is happening less often now though...id say like maybe once in 3 or four hours...but its like playing russian roulette when I backspin cuz I never know when it is going to happen. Any suggestion from anyone on how to compltely aleviate this problem...Gulker you seem to be the "expert" on this

Thanks for any suggestions everyone

geposted Thu 09 Nov 06 @ 6:53 am
I have an issue with my iCDX

I can't seem to be able to connect it to my PC....

I have the 4.1 version of Virtual DJ .....

When I enable it in the config. its red...not green...

On my iCDX, when I select source -> HID ...it says on the monitor : "PC no link"

Please HELP!! I'm going crazy!

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 7:14 am
alx2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DON'T GO CRAZY !!!!!

I have the solution!!!

go registered, it solves most of the hacked version bugs

:P

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 9:20 am
91%