Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New Years Idea

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Im Djing this New Years at an event of about 300 people...its at a hotel....first year djing with vdj for a new years event and I was wandering if you can plug into vdj those virtual dancers that go with the beat of the music, like shadows...i have a projector but i dont know how to create that atmosphere....also for dropping of the ball...does anyone know if its streamed live on the internet and than feed it to the projector so people can watched at excactly 12.00 oclock...any ideas? thanks everyone

geposted Wed 15 Nov 06 @ 4:33 am
i have shadow dancers also and i can't figure out how to play them without taking up space in the alternate player. Just go with a sonique visual.

geposted Wed 15 Nov 06 @ 9:22 pm
Get a video switcher. Run your computer, DVD player, and a cable or sat feed to the inputs. When it's time for the countdown, switch to the cable or sat feed for Dick Clark, or anybody else. Switch over to the DVD player with Shadow Dancer playing. Mix music with same bpms as Shadow Dancer, this way you can still have both VDJ players available. When you want to mix videos again, just switch over. I have seen switchers with component, composite, and s-video imputs.

geposted Wed 15 Nov 06 @ 10:52 pm
So all of the intputs would go directly to the video switcher...than the video switcher connected to the projector. Than switching over to what ever I want to project at the moment, makes sense alot, thank you guys for your input and ideas...

geposted Wed 15 Nov 06 @ 11:29 pm
DJHelios wrote :
So all of the intputs would go directly to the video switcher...than the video switcher connected to the projector. Than switching over to what ever I want to project at the moment, makes sense alot, thank you guys for your input and ideas...

Exactly. Check with the hotel, most have some kind of cable or sat feed, and they will help you out. Some will even have a big screen TV available. It may cost you a little, but you will have two screens and don't have to worry about the extra work. You can run the audio feed to your mixer and get the countdown and all the noise from Times Square. I have done all this before. Make sure you have enough cables, and they are long enough.

geposted Wed 15 Nov 06 @ 11:48 pm
That sounds like a good idea. Have the hotel set up the tv by paying a little extra and than the audio will come off my system. That way I dont have to worry too much. Thanks alot A Man and His Music and everyone else who gave me some good ideas.

geposted Thu 16 Nov 06 @ 12:10 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)