Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ XP10 and Laptop

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Does anyone have this with a laptop? If so, does it work good to great?

geposted Thu 29 Jul 04 @ 4:36 am
Can anyone help me with this? I'm interested in the XP10 but not to sure about the device.

geposted Thu 29 Jul 04 @ 8:23 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The XP-10's just started shipping this week. Ask the question again in a couple days. I'm sure you'll get more people jumping in.

geposted Thu 29 Jul 04 @ 8:56 pm
Sounds good Rick, thanks again.

geposted Thu 29 Jul 04 @ 10:10 pm
YES they work with laptops

Dell Inspiron 2650 with windows 2000 worked great
2 units connected

geposted Fri 30 Jul 04 @ 12:31 am
Thanks WirelessDJ... I have a compaq p4, 3.0ghz at 1gb ram, that should be justice ey?

geposted Fri 30 Jul 04 @ 9:42 pm
Is Bison the same thing as VirtualDJ? I mean the XP10? Anyone?

geposted Fri 30 Jul 04 @ 10:08 pm
>I have a compaq p4, 3.0ghz at 1gb ram, that should be justice ey?
Oh yeah. I have a 2ghz with 512mb of ram and it works. occassionally the spinning records freeze for a second but doesnt skip the audio

>Is Bison the same thing as VirtualDJ? I mean the XP10?
Bison is the software developed by the XP10 manufactuer EKS. it comes with the XP10 if you buy one from them. but the controller layout is slightly different than VDJ

geposted Sun 01 Aug 04 @ 2:06 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
if i buy XP10 from VDJ shop, will i get the VDJ too? Because if i buy XP10 from EKS or maybe german distributor (which is closest to me) i will get only Bison software they told me.

geposted Mon 06 Sep 04 @ 4:13 pm
xeon: VirtualDJ does not come with the XP10's, but it is much better than Bison (and definitely worth it's price).

Also, the Bison software is free (you can download it from the EKS website), so of course they say you will get it with XP10's... And also, you can't use Bison software without XP10's, but you can use VirtualDJ without them :)

macourteau

geposted Mon 06 Sep 04 @ 4:35 pm
Well

I had a dell Inspiron 2650 1.6Ghz P4 celeron laptop with 512MB

sold it and got an Averatec laptop with 256MB ram Mobile AMD Athlon™ XP-M 2000+ processor http://www.averatec.com/notebooks/3200series.htm

with the new laptop the scratch sounds a little different

at the beginning of the sample when starting to scratch with the XP10's it seems to scratch too easily now.

It doesnt happen when scratching with the mouse. It is not the sound card because I have tried 3 of them (AC97, XP10 sound card, and Echo Indigo DJ cards)

maybe a P4 is better than an AMD? any other AMD users out there?

geposted Tue 07 Sep 04 @ 2:09 am
I just got my XP10s last week and have since played them at a barbecue, for hours on end in my studio, and two nights at the club this past weekend. I'm running an Asus M6-based laptop and I absolutely love this system.

Keep in mind that Bison was designed to run the XP10s. I've used them with Virtual DJ as well but now all the extra stuff on screen kills it for me. I like that I don't even have to touch the computer to accomplish anything with Bison, but I haven't gone to the trouble of setting VDJ up to be the same way. The other important difference between the two is the way they respond to the wheel on the XP10. Bison feels very natural to me. Virtual DJ works as advertised but I think its implementation of the wheel feels more clunky. Backspins are comparable in both. Bison can do forward spins but VDJ won't do it. The actual scratching sound is much better in VDJ, but I like Bison's scratching response more. (EKS is working on their third generation audio engine which is supposed to make a significant difference in scratch quality.)

Basically I think of the XP10/Bison combo as a performance player that has a super nice feel to it. If you're into mixing, I don't think there's anything better.

geposted Mon 20 Sep 04 @ 6:31 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've ordered the xp10 from atomix the week they came out, so I've had loads of playtime (well over a hundred hours) on them with vdj 2.0X.

I used to have the dj console and was frustrated to have to touch the keyboard or mouse quite often. any attempt at re-mapping was in vain.

Mapping with xp-10 on the other hand is a dream. I NEVER have to touch the computer anymore when I spin, even for things like CBG adjustement. Spend a couple of hours figuring out exactly what features you use most often, map accordingly and you'll be as pleased as I am.

The next (tedious) step for me will be to design my own xp10 skin, with exclusively the features I need, no x-fader, volume-fader, EQs, FX, etc. (all this is taken care of by my good ol' Roland dj-2000 mixer). It should only be a few years before my procrastinating ass takes care of that :)

Final note, related to the subject of this forum: I'm running vdj 2.02 on an old vaio pcg-fx190K running w2k on a Pentium 3 at 700 Mhz (low-consumption mode to keep it cool, I could set it to 850 but don't need to), with 512Mb RAM and two USB 1.1 ports. I haven't had any problem at all with vdj for almost a year that I've been using it, whether with the dj-console (sold) or the two xp10s.

oh and wirelessDJ> are you now using vdj 2.02 on your new computer? maybe that's what make the xp10 scratch behavior feel different to you: 2.02 introduced a new backscratch behavior for the xp10 (it's in the list of new features). also, BUMP IT UP TO 512Mb, 256 is not enough.

geposted Mon 20 Sep 04 @ 8:19 pm
I have two XP-10's with a HP zd7010us laptop. With windows XP service pack 2 . They are flawless using this combination. I had to disable all background service possible and use all the microsoft drivers that were stable instead of useing the newer ones so to prevent glitches.Also I disabled Video acceleration . Anything on your start menu that is not necessary get rid of it .Your laptop should have a fresh install . Also this should be strickly for music stay off the internet if all possible.Remember this is for performance so disable system restore.Make a backup dvd instead it is more reliable.

geposted Mon 20 Sep 04 @ 9:08 pm
I use the xp10 with a Toshiba P20 laptop, 80Gb Hd, 512 Mb Ram and Usb 2.0. and Vdj 2.02 It works great, i didn't had any problems with that configuration, no crashes, nothing. The xp10 works really good, i just remapped it to fit my neeeds and voila! :))

geposted Tue 21 Sep 04 @ 11:05 am
ofreshHome userMember since 2004
please help i want to buy virtual dj i lve in germany what can i do i have no credit card so tell me please

geposted Thu 23 Sep 04 @ 4:37 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)