Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: COMMENT FIELD

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

How can I update my comment field. I used tag&rename to put the album name on the comment field but when I look at the mp3's in Virtual DJ, the album name is not there. Please help, I presently have over 107,000 mp3's and it would suck to have to do them one by one. I also tried database updater but I couldn't get it to work.

geposted Sat 18 Nov 06 @ 6:02 am
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I use the comment on a regular basis with no problem. I just put my comments in thru VDJ when ripping new cd's. Is it possible that your column is not expanded faar enough?

geposted Sat 18 Nov 06 @ 12:34 pm
It's expanded far enought. I see the comment field but nothing is there. I want to import my comment field from the id3 tag into Virtual DJ.

geposted Sat 18 Nov 06 @ 3:06 pm
You should enable "Read id3 tags" on the options tab in the vdj config screen.
Ewout

geposted Sat 18 Nov 06 @ 3:27 pm
I did that already. I enabled read title+comment.

geposted Sat 18 Nov 06 @ 3:38 pm
Yeah I'm having trouble with this type of thing too, only I'm trying to do the opposite thing -- I want my VDJ comments to be put into the ID3 "comments" field for my MP3's... I tried enabling the "Write VDJ Tags" option, but the comments don't populate into the MP3's ID3 comments field... How do I get this to work?

geposted Sat 18 Nov 06 @ 4:46 pm
jUST CHECKING OUT OTHER PEOPLES OPINION ON THE VIRTUAL DJ EQUITMENT? HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THIS PRODUCT?

geposted Sat 18 Nov 06 @ 5:21 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Please remove your Caps Lock, also if you want to ask a question try to stay on topic or start your own

Thank You

geposted Sat 18 Nov 06 @ 5:39 pm
UweBPRO InfinityMember since 2003
hi..
i have the same problem..

from 8 of 10 tracks vdj read and shows the comment.. but two of them not...

all tracks tagged with the same prog.
all the tracks converted with the same lame codec.

geposted Sat 18 Nov 06 @ 8:44 pm
So some are working and others not? Could you find any difference between the ones that are working and the ones that are not? For example, are both tag types the same (id3v1tag, id3v2 tag), are there any "problem" characters such as quotes, double quotes or others like @,~,`,&, etc?
By finding the difference between the working and the not working could solve the problem.
Ewout

geposted Sun 19 Nov 06 @ 12:04 pm
i have checked the names an both v1 & v2 tag´s für problem chrarakters..
and.. nothing... some files have exact the same comment and vdj shows it correct.

i have deleted the database and re-analyse them.. it is the same..
from xxx tracks some not shown the coment

Uwe

geposted Thu 23 Nov 06 @ 12:27 am
i solved the problem *gg*

i stupid and dont see that the files was in the .xml file.
after "clean" the file it read all the tags.

because i often change the comments in the tag i give write protect fpr the .xml file
so vdj re-read the file everytime complete with the new comment.
( i user another db for track searching )

but i have another prob. when the option "write vdj tags" is on
i cant see a different.

for example: ( write vdj tags = on )
read a file set the cue .. play.. shutdown vdj
clean the .xml file ( nothing is there because the write protect )
restart vdj and load the same file and nothing was saved in the file.

so i think.. vdj read "this" entrys only when i re-analyze ??

Uwe

geposted Mon 11 Dec 06 @ 1:08 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i think so 2

geposted Mon 11 Dec 06 @ 6:44 pm
this has been an on-going thing with this wonderful software. Not having the full ability to read and write to ID3 tags for MP3's.

I have a friend I have been trying to get turned onto Virtual DJ forever and his only complaint after seeing me use it was the fact of no FULL ID3 tag support. You are only limited to artist, title, and comment. I have updated my MP3 tags using Helium Music Manager (great software) and it too has been a problem with seeing my newly changed comment fields as well.

It would be nice to someday have true ID3 tag support, but until then I just live with it and continue to love the software unconditionaly.

geposted Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 11:34 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)