Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Re: Numark ICDX owners! - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

DJKicePRO InfinityMember since 2005
Someone make a youtube video showing scratching on the players. Though they look nice, i need to be convinced you can scratch on them. Again it seems like its more for house/trance people just like the program is aimed at sadly. Dont mind me i love that style of music too but rnb, hip hop is my forte.

geposted Tue 21 Nov 06 @ 4:00 pm
LOL...

I dont see scratching on those videos. HENCE why I asked for someone to post videos.

even on those videos... it has comments of about 5 6 people asking to see how the scratching is.

geposted Tue 21 Nov 06 @ 4:50 pm
alx2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Eventhough I'm not a "Scratch DJ" I'll try to make a video tonight of the scratch possibilities of the iCDX

BTW, My laptop broke 1 hour ago, so I'll show you the scratch with mp3s cd

geposted Tue 21 Nov 06 @ 6:14 pm
thanks dude appreciate it :)

It's just the scratch dials looks small as :( smaller than 10" what denon is :S

geposted Tue 21 Nov 06 @ 6:38 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think the scratching is pretty gay. I've got a pair and it just doesnt feel right.
I was tempted to make a video but I didnt wanna embarrass myself.... its that bad.

The size of the dial shouldnt make too much difference... I scratch on the xp10's and its smaller still.

Bring on the denon 3500's with midi!

geposted Tue 21 Nov 06 @ 9:59 pm
I already made the video, I'll upload it tomorrow.

Be advised that it is not a sesion, it is just a performance video, so it actually suck.

geposted Tue 21 Nov 06 @ 11:31 pm
just uploaded the video.

Again, I it just a performance video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWLZRVBlWqw

hope it helps you to check out how scratch surface works.

first I moved the wheel without pressing to scratch, then pushed so you see how scratch mode activates when you press over a limit (see how the platter goes higher on the opposite part from where I press).
Then I scratch a little so you can see the scratch effect).

It was done with a DVD, not VDJ as my laptop broke yesterday.

geposted Wed 22 Nov 06 @ 5:29 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Anyway.. i am dissapointed about that scratch wheel. It seems it has lag or something like that?!?! or maybe only my video have lag in sound??

did you use crossfader when you scratch? or it's really so strange like "cut" effect??

geposted Wed 22 Nov 06 @ 5:42 pm
I didn't use crossfader, I only played with one iCDX so people could se it's performance.

The other iCDX was off.

I recorded the video with my photo camera, nothing very professional. I wouldn't say there is a noticeable lag when using it.

I'll take a picture tonight of the iCDX with a CD over it, so people compare its size to the iCDX platter.

geposted Wed 22 Nov 06 @ 6:43 pm
they woulda been better off making it same as the old CDX with the added functionality of the ICDX... or possibly release a iHDX. or at least 7" - 10" platter would be good

geposted Wed 22 Nov 06 @ 7:11 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
the CDX was a great machine, the best scratch sound of ANY CD player according to most pro DJs

all i want is midi contoll of the buttons and that would be me sorted (and alot of extra money)

the new icdx seems like its designed for cueing and beat matching not scratching. anyone buying it thinking a big rubber button was going to be good, tactile and natural to SCRATCH with may have been a bit deluded. the thing is for club music based on what ive seen of it.

EDIT: the audio is out of sync on the youtube thing,, no wonder it looks a bit weard lol

geposted Wed 22 Nov 06 @ 11:57 pm
I've been testing the icdx's further and I'm finding the whole thing weird. I connected it to my mates ipod and it only allowed a selection of 400 songs max from the 10,000 songs that were available.

Anyways I've been trying to scratch real time with it and its soooo difficult. To be honest you really do need visual markers. The blue LED lights around the platter are like a pretend visual aid... They don't follow the track properly at all & have a bad latency in respect to movement of the platter.

Whats weird again is when I sometimes try to rewind the track by rewinding the platter then releasing it, it sometimes jumps ahead and then sometimes it doesnt! I think moving the platter is possibly confusing it.... hmmm. Scratching simple samples like you normally would becomes difficult.

Watching a video of someone moving the platter back and forth simply doesnt tell the whole story.

Numark has got something seriously wrong, maybe a firmware upgrade may help... who knows.

geposted Thu 23 Nov 06 @ 2:26 am
Well, as I said, I don't scratch when I Dj since I normally DJ house, trance, etc...

If you normally scratch, please post a video, I also want to check it out.

BTW, I uploaded in my blog a picture of a CD compared to the platter so you can measure the size of it.

P.S. I agree that a firmware update is necesary, I have some problems when using media from a USB unit

geposted Thu 23 Nov 06 @ 9:13 am
I see how they are trying to make it portable and shit. but seriously they woulda been better off with improving the original CDX. I don't know in your country how much pricing is but here its close to what the original CDX costs so Id rather buy the original CDX over the iCDX if I was buying. Thats just my opinion anyway, they seriously should have considered fixing it.

geposted Thu 23 Nov 06 @ 1:52 pm
I was doubting between CDX, iCDX and denon 3500. I bought these because of their size and scalability (direct vdj control, CD/DVD and USB drive support).

probably CDX is great for you if you are a hard scratcher. I'm not, mixing electronica and sometimes latin music does not require scratching (I also don't like it). For my needs this drive has what I wanted. probably if your needs are HIP HIP and scratching, you'll find better units, like CDX with it's large vinyl platter. But it's too heavy.

I moved all my equipment (2xiCDX, denon dn-s300, hercules mk2, a laptop and all the needed cables) to a gig in a sports bag. probably I wouldn't be able to do that with two CDX.

everyone has different needs, that's why there are a lot of players.

If you like CDX, go for HDX.

geposted Thu 23 Nov 06 @ 4:25 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Question - Is there a button you choose to toggle between the Controller mode to VDJ vs. Standalone mode so that you can play a CD or MP3 out the iCDX's audio outputs?

geposted Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 6:16 pm
Yes you can toggle easily just by clicking the src or source selection button. It takes about 10 secs for CD/DVD mode to initialise.

geposted Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 11:43 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
So if you have a track playing from a CD, you can switch out of CD mode into controller mode and the track will continue to play?

geposted Sat 25 Nov 06 @ 8:56 am
well, don't go too far, It does only one thing at a time.

that's why a pair of iCDX is recomended, you could play a CD in one of them, and have the other in controller mode.

geposted Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 12:08 am
61%