Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How easy is it to set up

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

kblendHome userMember since 2006
well here is the deal im seriously thinking of buying this software, But I need a few questions answered can some one help please.
1. How easy is it to set up the pro version with tcv use, will i be able to buy it and after a couple of days take it to the club and use it or will I have to constantly tweek my computer for months.

2. Do they still make the maya44 usb, I cant seem to find it. what else can i use in that price range.
I have a hp pavillion dv4000 laptop, Intel Centrino, 1.8ghz, with 1 gig of ram.

If im not mistaken that would be good for audio but what about video. thanks for all of your help.

geposted Thu 23 Nov 06 @ 5:23 pm
what turntables are y ysun?
and yes you'll have to buy pro ver and tcv! and yes u will be able to take it to clubs and set latency to adio and scratch to quality. and no they dont cell maya 44 anymore its u46 dj! u can find them on ebay for $200.00 so its time coded and the pro!
p.s. what kind of turntables are u using?

geposted Thu 23 Nov 06 @ 5:34 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Thu 23 Nov 06 @ 6:13 pm
thank you skyfxl for the comploment!!!

geposted Thu 23 Nov 06 @ 7:01 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
For the most part, you will need to tweak your system and give it a good test before you go live. The U4dj has replaced the maya 44 from the same manufacturer. If you're just talking audio then it's a relatively pain free experience to switch, other then getting your music all set up in digital format. Good luck.

geposted Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 5:15 am
Cool thanks sorry it took so long for me to reply I have 2 Tech 1200mk2 and two Denon dns3000. Depending on the gig I would use one or the other. Playing MP3 on the Denon is what got me searching. Whats you guys average time it take to go from installing the software and going live with the product. By the way look like Virtual DJ has A great online community

geposted Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 3:34 pm
By the way its those twaeks I hear everyone talking about that gets me, and some of the people on the board sound frustrated beyond comparison. I would be using it mostly for audio at first but sometime middle next year would love to start playing around with videos.

geposted Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 3:39 pm
alot of those people sorry to say

have poor computers

you cannot expect to get good results for video and audio on a p 2 or 3 or even a celeron 1 ghz pc with 256 ram
with out tweaking the system to its max

however as you have a gig of ram and 1.8 i dont for see any major problems for you

as to the video side of things what video card do you have?

geposted Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 3:42 pm
kblend wrote :
Cool thanks sorry it took so long for me to reply I have 2 Tech 1200mk2 and two Denon dns3000. Depending on the gig I would use one or the other. Playing MP3 on the Denon is what got me searching. Whats you guys average time it take to go from installing the software and going live with the product. By the way look like Virtual DJ has A great online community

depends on how long it takes for some one to get comfortable and learn it

like all things it just takes a bit of pratise :)

geposted Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 3:43 pm
Thats what I wanted to here. One final question if i'm using TCV and i'm beatmatching manualy will there be any delay or latency while riding the pitch live. by the way thanks for your responce I live in Chicago most places dont let the DJ have live test on software, hardware yes software no. I know you can download the trial but I still would not have the TCV. Anyway Thanks

geposted Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 4:14 pm
Awsome blog man. wealth of info. WOW

geposted Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 4:19 pm
depending on the mode it is pretty instant

its dependant on which settings you pick for your asio buffer

and the quality settings you choose on your pc

at the worst the latency is 46 milli seconds , an unnoticable lenght of time and at its best just 5ms

so to conclude any changes are reflected pretty much instantly

geposted Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 4:22 pm
kblend wrote :
Awsome blog man. wealth of info. WOW

geposted Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 4:22 pm
Video card good question let me check

geposted Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 6:14 pm
does this sound right mobile intel (r) 915gm/gms,910gml express chipset family

geposted Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 6:22 pm

geposted Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 6:28 pm
Oh well I guess that means when its time for me to do video I will have to get a different machine. Is there a way I can some sort of external interface I do have a firewire port

geposted Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 6:54 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)