Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Microphone gain whilst recording

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

deludedPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm trying to configure my setup (lastest vdj, DJ Console mk1) for use with an internet radio station.

I've got a cheap dynamic microphone working, but even with the volume on full on DJ Console, and gain set to -3db (max) on the DJ Console driver, it is very quiet on my test recordings.

Is there anyway in VDJ to change the gain of the microphone whilst recording??

geposted Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 10:22 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 10:27 pm
I tried that - keep getting 'Error of mixerGetLineControl in InitMicVolMixer of mixer.cpp'

Same error with different sound cards as well as the DJ console :(

geposted Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 10:38 pm
what version of vdj u using

geposted Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 10:41 pm
4.1 Pro version

geposted Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 10:42 pm

geposted Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 10:51 pm
Yup - v 2.3.0.1 - no joy.

The best I've managed so far is to use Wavelab's live input feature, outputted to a second sound card, then setup VDJ to use the audio mix from that soundcard... Kind of works but has a huge delay and lots of drop outs - nice being able to add VST effects to it though :)

Is dj cel still doing plugins?? I could offer to debug it on my PC as I do that programming stuff for my day job :)

geposted Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 11:15 pm
send him a private message he might be able to help you :)

more

geposted Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 11:30 pm
I sent him a nice email so fingers crossed :)

geposted Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 11:49 pm
dj cel did send me the source code, but unfortunatley the way his plugin works means it wont solve my problem...

microphone control plugin works by changing the volume of the windows audio mixer. Unfortunately this has no effect on the record volume or shoutcasting, and my hercules dj console is already at max on the mic input...

Ideally I need some way to tell VDJ to add a 3-6db gain on the microphone when shoutcasting..

geposted Thu 30 Nov 06 @ 9:15 pm
Another option is to lower the signal of the music with -3 to -6 dB. This will give the same effect.

This is a soundengineers rule of thumb: It is often better to lower levels than to crank it up. Look for example at a (31 band) eq of a large concert or sound system. There are some sliders below 0dB and hardly none above 0dB.
Ewout

geposted Thu 30 Nov 06 @ 11:31 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)