Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: A *GREAT* way to manage your DJ business!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi All -

I just bought Cue and am looking VERY much forward to receiving it (12/5) and getting up and running with it!

On another subject entirely, I own a good sized multi-system co. and used to use DJ webmin and DJ Intelligence to manage my business. I have found a solution that is better for me, and very likely may be for you too, whether you are a single op or a large mutli-system op.

I have been working with Troy Ackerman of DJ Event Planner (DJ Finder) recently on upgrading his application to be usable by multi-system operators. The results have been fabulous. The system is fast as lightning and very reliable. It is simple, easy to learn and use and very intelligently designed by Troy. We are extremely happy.

Check it out yourself: go to

http://www.djeventplanner.com

for a free trial offer.

If you have been a Webmin user, Troy has configured a tool to import your records over! No downtime, no data entry.

Hope you check it out!

Adrian

geposted Fri 01 Dec 06 @ 9:38 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
koolio thanks for sharing

geposted Fri 01 Dec 06 @ 9:41 pm
Is this new? Looks like a rip off of DJ Webmin minus a few features. What is the benefit/difference?

geposted Fri 01 Dec 06 @ 10:04 pm
Hello -

It is actually at least three years old to my kknowledge. I wouldn't go as far as calling it a Webmin rip off. I think it has a lot of similar features that you will find in Webmin... in fact I personally asked Troy to implement what I felt were the best/most necessary features from Webmin, which he did in an efficient manner.

So there's one difference right there: he is personally accessible and willing to quickly implement logical suggestions from his users. No disrespect to Webmin, but I had the opposite experience there regarding several issues/requests.

More importantly, the biggest differences between them may be the subtle but very, very powerful advantages of having most of the DJ Intelligence features incorporated *natively* within this application, as well as the fact that DJ Event Planner is configured to easily and gracefully handle multi-system companies with multiple locations and different staff/access levels (Admin, Sales/Manager, Employee). Additionally, it has a much more flexible email template and document creator, *user-customizable* scheduled emails and an integrated email system that automatically keeps track of all client communications right on the client's contact page. You can schedule time off for an employee for as many days/weeks as you need within *seconds*, you can add multiple day, recurring gigs in one click for all dates...

I suppose, in a nutshell, DJ Event Planner is, in my humble opinion, everything Webmin *should be*, with the added benefit of rock-solid reliability (ask anyone who was with Webmin back around April-June 2006) and database access speed that Webmin users would be slack-jawed over if they were to compare.

I reiterate that this is only my opinion. And, I'll say that I have no interest in this company at all or anything to gain by saying these things. I just want to help a very deserving company grow its clientele so that it stays afloat forever and I'll have this awesome tool to use for as long as I need it : )

Best wishes,

Adrian

geposted Sat 02 Dec 06 @ 12:04 am
mainedjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
It's something similar to what I have, and that's wedj, but to each his own.
It looks pretty good, but I'll stay with what I have.
I won't crap on something like that, since everyone has their personal preference, and plus, I don't have experience with it.

geposted Sat 02 Dec 06 @ 12:49 pm

geposted Tue 05 Dec 06 @ 10:39 pm
looks a bit hackable ;)

if ud like me to have a test for u gimmie a shout

geposted Tue 05 Dec 06 @ 10:41 pm
ok
yeah let me know how it goes

geposted Tue 05 Dec 06 @ 11:17 pm
kool il do a full test for u ;)

geposted Tue 05 Dec 06 @ 11:35 pm
thanks

geposted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 12:08 am
Greetings fellow DJ's!

I was checking my site referrer logs and noticed a link to this post. I didn't even know Adrian had posted here about my software. Adrian has been a great supporter of the software and of me personally.

Just to clear things up, DJ Event Planner is not a rip-off of DJ Webmin. The djfinder/DJ Event Planner system was around before Webmin or DJI. Check the whois info to verify this. Even one of their owners acknowledged that I developed my product first.

I don't have the Mobile Beat empire promoting my software, I'm just a small one (sometimes two) man operation that has invested thousands of hours and dollars into the software. My promoting/marketing up until now has been severely lacking. I'm a much better programmer than self-promoter.

The difference between DJI/WM and DJEP is that everything is integrated seamlessly into one product. There are lots of other cool features that neither of them have.

Let me know if you have any questions about DJ Event Planner, I'd be happy to help. My email address is: --@--.--

PS: Thanks Adrian! And here I thought you spent all your time on the DJEP Wish List forum :)

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry Troy Ackerman no email address is allowed from a demo user

geposted Wed 13 Dec 06 @ 11:18 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)