Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Database corrupt. I've read the threads but im still a bit confused - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Sorry guys, I have read the threads and I was trying to do it yesterday and I keep getting confused. I already installed the latest version. I know I have to back up the database and the other files. I found them in my C:/program files/virtual dj
Exactly how do I back them up or/ transfer them so that it works in my latest version. I'm not the smartest of people when it comes to the techy stuff. Im sure its simple but....
I see the files there in that folder but...
Again my apologies, I do see many posts on the subject and hate to double post.

geposted Tue 05 Dec 06 @ 9:23 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Tue 05 Dec 06 @ 10:32 pm
runVDJ - XML Database Validator, Backup, Repair Tool
download it to my system.. im assuming it will show up in the virtual DJ folder.. or should i just run it.
god i hope this works...
thanks, skyfxl

geposted Tue 05 Dec 06 @ 10:38 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
dj kiteman wrote :
Sorry guys, I have read the threads and I was trying to do it yesterday and I keep getting confused. I already installed the latest version. I know I have to back up the database and the other files. I found them in my C:/program files/virtual dj
Exactly how do I back them up or/ transfer them so that it works in my latest version. I'm not the smartest of people when it comes to the techy stuff. Im sure its simple but....
I see the files there in that folder but...
Again my apologies, I do see many posts on the subject and hate to double post.

Ok, let's start with the backup...
Go back to your C:\\Program Files\\VirtualDJ directory and create a new folder and lets call it Backup
Now COPY the VirtualDJ Database (???????).xml and mp3database.txt files to that folder.

Now you have a backup.. On to the good stuff...

dj kiteman wrote :
runVDJ - XML Database Validator, Backup, Repair Tool
download it to my system.. im assuming it will show up in the virtual DJ folder.. or should i just run it.
god i hope this works...
thanks, skyfxl

When you downloaded the tool it should have come as a .ZIP file.
Copy or Move that .ZIP into your C:\\Program Files\\VirtualDJ directory
Extract the files into the VirtualDJ directory (Right click on the file, and choose Extract All...)
Now the readme_runVDJ.txt file...

Using the Program

First Time
1. Dbl-Click the icon labeled - runVDJ
2. You are prompted to select your VirtualDJ Database (<<Your WinName>>).xml file
The Setup will create an INI file, validate your XML database, repair it if necessary,
and make backups of your MP3database and VirtualDJ Database files
3. You will then be asked if you would like to Launch VirtualDJ after every use.
If you chose Yes, then you will have the following benefit
a. When you exit VirtualDJ it will validate the XML file
then it backs up both MP3 and VirtualDJ database files again.
This is because both those files could have changed during your session.
If you chose No, then you will have to run this program each time you want to
validate you Database and create backups.

Continued Used
Each time you use the shortcut it verifies the XML file. If the closing VirtualDJ tag is
missing it will correct the XML file, if it is beyond fixing it will restore your previously
backed up copy.

You are prompted for Repair or Restore. I tell you the file size differences so you can
choose what to do. Remember, a Restore is simple replacing the current version with the Backup
version - what ever has changed or been added since the last backup will be lost.

Files created for use by the Tool
AutoBckp.INI
Two files with .bkp as there extensions
runVDJ.exe - Program

**NOTE** at anytime you want to restart from the beginning just delete the INI file.

geposted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 12:48 am
I tried it, I got this error message when launching from new icon.

Line 0 (File "C:\Program Files\virtual dj\Run VDJ\Run VDJ exe")
Run Wait (Virtual DJ.exe, $ VDJ Home)

Error Unable to execute the extrernal program. The system can not fine the fie specified.

What a frustration.

geposted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 2:40 pm
anyone know what that message error is

geposted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 7:49 pm
did u install vdj in a non standard folder?

geposted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 7:52 pm
When I downloaded the 4.x update for the first time, I just downloaded it just like I normally do when I update versions. It goes to my desktop and i install it from there. Is this what you call a non-standard folder.

Now if you are talking about the instructions you gave me yesterday... then what I did was start by creating a new folder and copying and pasting my ... database and txt files there just like you said..

You think i'd have more success asking the guys to send me 3.xx and deleting version 4.x from my computer, then re-downloading it?

Thanks for the help.

geposted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 8:37 pm
add me on msn il talk u through some steps u can take

msn - djdebange@skyfxlmedia.com

geposted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 9:09 pm
I will. I'm at work right now though. I get out a bit late from there this evening... 10pm.. currently its about 347 pm.... I thank you for the offer. As soon as I can get it up and running. Ill seek you out on MSN.

geposted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 9:48 pm
You extracted the files into a sub-directory called - RunVDJ.

Copy or Move that .ZIP into your C:\Program Files\VirtualDJ directory
Extract the files into the VirtualDJ directory (Right click on the file, and choose Extract All...)

The repair tool exe and supporting files must be in the VirtualDJ directory.
Sorry for the confusion...

Try the tool again.
cstoll

geposted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 11:05 pm
:) koolio always learning
i must say its an ace tool!

geposted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 11:06 pm
will try tonight when i get home... Lets get this thing going.. i mean i can still dj but im kinda limping if u know what i mean

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 12:14 am
Cstoll, you said it must be in my VDJ directory...

I want to make sure you mean this:
C:Program FilesVirtualDJ --- is this entire folder my directory???
in this folder (if you call it that) it has everything I have w/ regard to virtual dj.
all my effects folders, all my plug ins, skins, etc,
i dont see anything that says c:program filesvirtual dj directory.
also in this same folder (if again you call it that) I have the runvdj folder,

now whats getting me even worse now is that, not only is database corrupt, but now i get an error message that says the skin you are trying to use has a higher resolution than your screen, ive never had that. Also im having to re-install my drivers for the maya44. it keeps throwing them out. which only happened once in a blue moon.

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 2:11 pm
Yes - C:\\Program Files\\VirtualDJ is the folder. But the files that are in the RUNVDJ folder cut and paste them in with all your [as you stated] Virtual DJ files. e.g. same level as the virtualdj.exe file.

Once there run the runvdj.exe file and follow the instructions.

Also, if you are starting to experience other issues then I would have to say that there is more problems than just a corrupt database. Something else is happening.? Would know where to start but something is starting to go south??

cstoll

geposted Fri 08 Dec 06 @ 1:25 am
Ok, Im going back to square one, i uninstalled VDJ from my computer. Im going to ask to download it again. Hope this helps.

geposted Fri 08 Dec 06 @ 2:44 pm
Stoll, Here is what I did. I uninstalled vdj from my computer and im gonna start from scratch. I also uninstalled the runvdj program as well. I was in my VDJ directory and saw that I have 2 database's.
one called <gelcys> database, the other <milton> database.... one is mine, the other my girlfriends...I was thinking about merging these two databases together into one file, rather than keep them seperate.. (dont know how it got that way to begin with)
Tonight i will download it, they already have it set up for download. Any advice prior to the new download. Anything I should do to get my system ready prior to the download.

On a side note, i have the maya44usb... my driver is the 2.55 version
1) do you know if there is a newer one?
I do think this is the latest for Microsoft XP

geposted Fri 08 Dec 06 @ 7:14 pm
Any suggestions before I try to install version 4.1r2.exe

geposted Mon 11 Dec 06 @ 8:55 pm
to mergedatabases

copy these infos into the other file

<Song FileName="DJ Style & MC Loran - Ragga Pumpin [Promo Mix].mp3" FileSize="8782157" TagDate="511031848">
<Infos SongLength="16136064" Date="511031848" />
<BPM Bpm="19314" Phase="15218" BeatPhase="1" />
<FAME IsScanned="1" Volume="7692" />
<Automix MixType="3" TempoStart="111788" TempoEnd="14944940" CutStart="111872" CutEnd="15640160" FadeStart="103424" FadeEnd="15667200" />
</Song>
from say ur db to ur bfs

before this line

</VirtualDJ_Database>

geposted Mon 11 Dec 06 @ 9:01 pm
Skyfxl, this does exactly what for me?

geposted Mon 11 Dec 06 @ 9:33 pm
83%