Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: crossfader/VMIX skin question (if anyone can answer, thanks)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
HI,

Does anyone know if I can use a hercules controller or the Xsession (hooked up USB) for the crossfader controller to only do the crossfading of the video, not with audio.

In other words, I want to hook up a controller to my laptop and have the controller ONLY do the video crossfading. I will use the knobs on my mixer and my external soundcard for the audio.

I just used a friends hercules MK2 and the VMIX skin and couldn't figure out how to get the crossfader to only do the video and not the audio.

When I unchecked linked crossfader, it did not just do the video. I watched the 2 crossfaders (1 for video 1 for audio) and the video fader did not move)

Also here is the piece I am considering if theis can be done...

http://www.djsupply.com/proddetail.asp?prod=31%5FM%2DAudioXSession

thanks,

B

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 3:55 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hoffman -- posted this to you before... Yes. You can use the X-session to crossfade the video only. X-Session is a MIDI device and you can map the crossfader to what you want.

BTW, got 2 of them... and that is one reason I got it.

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 4:14 am
Sorry C-

But without going into too much detail, how will I tell the thing I want the video to crossfade? Is this something specific to the VMIX skin developer?

I am just imagining when I get it what I would do and how to tell it only video not sound.

thanks for your patience.

B

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 4:24 am
It's MIDI it's set in the VirtualDJ config. It doesn't matter which skin you use.
Go look at the Config, Remote Controls tab and you will see the MIDI check box.
Once you hook up the X-session there are a couple of tweaks that need to be done to the X-session... but it's easy and works out of the box.

cstoll

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 4:33 am
Thanks; I trust you that I can use the Xsession solely for crossfading the video while i use all my other equipment for audio.

appreciate it.

B

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 4:37 am
Yes, do it at every gig I do -- just as you are asking...

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 4:44 am
C-

If you want to crossfade quickly for the video just to cut to the other one in and out (sort of tease the next video) which setting in VDJ do you use under OPTIONS

force fade enabled?
crossfade: do you use smooth, full, cut scratch or disable?

in other words, the one that gives you the quickes response as soon as you move the fader over so you can quickly cut the 2 videos back and forth.

which video transtion gives the best result for this ? I would think "cut" transition?

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 5:11 am
If that is what I am going to do .... first are you expecting to 'cut' on beat?
I would use the STROBE transition. Move my crossfader on the X-session about 1/4 to 1/2 way across and keep mixing the beats/audio, then finish the video crossfade while finishing off the remaining audio fade/cut. Why slam back and forth the crossfader - let the transition effect do it for you - use STROBO

cstoll

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 10:53 am
I will try strobo then- I didn't think that was the one needed since I would be cutting it back and forth on beat myself.

In your opinion, wHich other one would you suggest if I wanted a little "more control" over what the audience saw. Just like before but instead of the constant blinking, I could cut in and out or leave it for a moment?

What about my prioer question in the settings? Do you have the CROSSFADER setting in VDJ on cut, smooth, full, etc?

thanks!

B

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 2:59 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)