Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Two Questions Concerning Video .....

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

TWISEPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hello All.

First thing, this board has been very helpful with tracing down problems and fixing things. So much so, that i havent needed to ask a question until now and i've been fiddling with my setup for a month. So, thank you guys for your help and effort.

I had started off trying to set up my Dell Laptop with a Presonus Firebox and Denon CD Decks with Time Coded CD's.... But... I decided to try something different since i was having issues with getting a 100% signal from the Time Codes. So, i picked up a Hercules MK2 this week to check it out...

I'm very happy with the results with the MK2, since im Video DJing in a bar and this seriously cuts down on the amount of materials i have to tote around for gigs.... I understand that its probably more of a beginner piece for the DJing world, but for my purposes it seems to do a nice job...

So, last night i set things up and i decided to run Virtual DJ all night... In the beginning doing some mixing... and then for the last 4 hours or so just running off of a playlist with the automatic mix on.

Questions....

1 - After about 5 hours of flawless playing, I looked up at the TV screens and saw that they were blank with a black screen. Looked at Virtual DJ and everything was running fine... No freeze... Song was playing in the bar. But, All three video screens in Virtual were black as well. So, i pressed play on the opposite deck and the video kicked in fine.... Then paused and started up the video that had originally went dark, and it was fine as well. This didnt happen again for the rest of the night.... But im curious if you guys think that was a problem within the video file itself (VOB) ... or if thats a result of a hardware limitation ?????

2 - I used to play the Videos thru a dual DVD deck before i decided to switch over to the laptop and Virtual DJ. The picture Quality of the Videos was stronger and sharper back when I played directly off of the DVD's vs. what im doing now with the VOB files. Is that just the way it is when you degrade the quality by ripping (Smart Ripper) these videos from the DVD's to VOB files on your computer?

Again, thanks in advance for any input here... I'm excited to have joined the Virtual DJ group and to be off and running!

--todd

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 6:30 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

have u turned this on?

depends on what quality settings you choose

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 7:16 pm
TWISEPRO InfinityMember since 2006
OK.

When i right click on the second monitor icon, then click attached, and then apply .... it doesnt seem to take... After i did that im still seeing the number two monitor icon shaded and when i put my mouse on it ... it says Not Active and the 'Extend My Windows desktop onto this Monitor' isnt checked. Am i doing something wrong? Also, what Screen Resolution and Color Quality do you recommend for using Plasma TV's?

Thanks for your help... :)

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 7:43 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
look on your control pannel aplet for ur graphix card for enable external monitors

aslo in virtual dj have a look for tv output

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 7:44 pm
TWise wrote :

1 - After about 5 hours of flawless playing, I looked up at the TV screens and saw that they were blank with a black screen. Looked at Virtual DJ and everything was running fine... No freeze... Song was playing in the bar. But, All three video screens in Virtual were black as well. So, i pressed play on the opposite deck and the video kicked in fine.... Then paused and started up the video that had originally went dark, and it was fine as well. This didnt happen again for the rest of the night.... But im curious if you guys think that was a problem within the video file itself (VOB) ... or if thats a result of a hardware limitation ?????

i've reported this problem in one of my other nag pasts as well. video just stops working for no reason. i fixed it by going to the other deck and then back again. it's not the vob file, if it was then why would it work the second time? no one seems to mention it though, so apparently no a lot of people experience it. since i only use vdj for videos, i seem to run into a lot of the video issues quick.

this problem is just as weird as the tcv quiting working and then coming back again.

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 8:22 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)