Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: WMA's Mixing Correctly With Virtual DJ

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I don't know if it's me, but I cannot get my WMA's (Windows Media Audio) format to mix correctly in Virtual DJ. MP3's mix beautifully.
Don't get me wrong, I love VDJ: It's the best 100 odd quid I've spent on software. The updates are spectacular, as well as being the best investment in software for my laptop!

Do any of you fine people agree, or am I talking nonsense?

Best regards,

Richard

geposted Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 3:06 am
r311Home userMember since 2006
hmmm... dont know really... 99% of my songs are wma and i have not had a problem that i've noticed at all. what are you meaning by mix correctly? they are offbeat for you or something? interesting.... all i can tell you is for me, there does not appear to be a difference.

geposted Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 7:29 am
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Yeah my wma's work just as well as the mp3's

geposted Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 10:26 am
All my files are WMAs - can save space on the disc drive, so you can get squillions of songs. They even sound pretty good at 48 kbps.

geposted Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 10:41 am
Must be me then...Probably relying on the auto beat match feature too much, I guess. But mind you, I'm getting the hang of this pitch-blending malarkey now, what with this new version of VDJ. Actually managing to blend VDJ with my vinyl. It's easier the other way round though.

Anyway, thanks for your response.

Regards,

Richard

PS 48 kps? Blimey! I can't really imagine your tunes sounding good at that low a bit rate, even with WMA's. It's alright for the bedroom, maybe, but not in a club environment I would have thought.

geposted Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 3:37 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
A WMA's bitrate sounds more than double the bitrate of mp3's.

For example, you could half hard drive space by converting 256kbps mp3s into 128kbps WMAs without a noticeable change in quality.

Its just a better compression algorythm, although wma didnt pick up in popularity due to many of them being DRM protected, even though it would seem that the smaller file sizes would be more appealing.

Of course, ogg files would be your smallest in terms of quality-to-file size ratio

geposted Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 5:19 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
id avoid wma they loose alot of umph

geposted Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 8:57 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)