Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

djpurdyHome userMember since 2006
Hi guys, first of all i want to start off by saying a big thank you to everyone who contributes to this forum, you all have made me realize how much i love doing this for a hobbie. Turns out that im getting my first gig...but all i have is my laptop, my virtual dj software and my hercules mk2..i have inquireed around for equipment help and set up tips, but have not been very successful. I have come to this forum to ask for help..with my equipments, vdj version 3.4, that came with my hercules controller, would i be able to do an event of 600+ppl, for close to 3 hours..i mix a variety of music from traditional indian, to hip hop, reggae, soca, dance, and rnb...any help would be appreciated, starting plz with is such a feat possible, am i dumb for agreeing to do this event or am i just too ambitious..also equipment tips, software tune up tips, and ANY KIND OF ADVICE REALLY WOULD BE HIGHLY APPECIATED!! PLZZ HELPPPPPPPPP, the event is 2 weeks away i want to practice as much as possible..THANK YOU ALL!!!

geposted Sun 10 Dec 06 @ 2:52 am
First, I would register and upgrade the software. Does the software run fine on this laptop? The software does not care how many people there are. You will need a sound system for that. Only you know what your skill level is. Would you hire you, to do a party?

geposted Sun 10 Dec 06 @ 4:32 am

the console version + the decicated version of VDJ can be used to play infront of an audience, that be 50 or 500 guests.

You would of course need to connect the main out from Hercules to an amp.
The scale of amp and speakers depend on how big the place is...

For more pro sound and mixing, you should upgrade to the pro version of VDJ, that are far better than the console version 3.4
The pro version of VDJ also supports two independent stereo outs from Hercules (one pr deck) so that you can connect to an external mixer, something that are more common and better for working djs (hardware EQ etc).

But all you need to bring to a gig is the pro version of VDJ, Hercules and your laptop ;) Thats what I do for my gigs...

geposted Sun 10 Dec 06 @ 5:29 am
And a sound system, either powered speakers, or speakers and a power amp.

geposted Sun 10 Dec 06 @ 5:35 am
djpurdyHome userMember since 2006
thanks guys, i intend to upgrade as soon as $$ becomes available...so are u guys telling me that its not possible to play a crowd without an upgrade? i cant use the version provided with the console?..can i still have an external mixer without upgrade?...how does grounding the wires work and how can it lead to bad effects?....also what site would you recommend to get the cheapest high quality MP3 so that i dont end up with static in some of my downloaded tunes...THANKS A MILLION GUYS! you guys have really been the most reliable forum ive known since time...

geposted Mon 11 Dec 06 @ 8:45 pm
Yes, you can play to a crowd with this version. I don't know about this console, so try to hook it up to a mixer and find out. Come out of the console (output 1, l+r) to input 1 on the mixer. Output 2, to input 2. I use this for my mp3s, but you may want to try napster for the pop stuff.

geposted Mon 11 Dec 06 @ 9:56 pm

You CAN play infront of a crowd with your Hercules + the free Hercules version of VDJ.

BUT, it only supports ONE main out, so all the mixing have to be done on the Hercules.

Its really no different, than you mixing at home, with the Herc connected to your speaker system at home (pc speakers or hifi home stereo).

It a gig setting you'd have to connect the one main out from Hercules (channel1 on the back) to the venues PA systems amp.

Mixing on a midi mixer (Hercules) does in practical terms means you mix in software (software EQing etc). Mixing at an external mixer with real EQ knobs and hardware EQ and volume chips, sounds a lot better, and works a lot better too, in my opinion, as the Hercules sliders and faders are both a bit loose, on a small fitted area etc.

So you can expand later on, where you connect the Hercules to an external mixer at the club, and only use the buttons (play etc) and jogs on Hercules, while mix volume (faders and EQ) at external mixer.

But for starters, your version will do ok, where you mix all on the Hercules console :)
I've done that 2 times, when the external mixer broke down, in front of a lot of people.. 400+ guests, and me mixing only with Hercules. :) So that works too .. ;)

Hope that helps ;)

geposted Mon 11 Dec 06 @ 10:37 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)