Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Eliminating progress bar

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Is there a way to turn off the progress bar that shows how far through a track you are ?

I use the "basic" skin mostly, and the progress bar there shows a nice waveform for the overall track -- it's great for planning when to throw in the next tune, but I'd like to be able to turn it off to practice using my ears alone.

Even better would be to make it simply a line with no waveform, or show the elapsed time and total time for the track at the same time, like "3:13 / 5:30" for example (3:13 minutes through a track that is 5:30 minutes long)... Does anyone know how to edit the xml file so that it behaves like this?

Thanks!

geposted Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 4:23 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
If want to use yours ears for everything, try this old school skin:

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/skin.html?id=2589

*edit: the skin has an optional waveform display, but it still has the overall progress bar.

Open up the xml in notepad and find the following line for both decks:

## songpos

<songpos chan="1" orientation="horizontal" rightclick="temporary" waveform="yes">

--> change the 'yes' to 'no'
--> do this for both decks
--> then save the xml file

This will work for the original skin too

geposted Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 4:29 pm
Hey man thanks for your help! I'm curious to try out that old-school skin (can't right now, at work...)

I've already figured out how to take out BPM and the rhythm waveform, just not the progress bar yet... Looks like this is the way to do it, I'll try it out when I get home tonight... Thanks again!

Anyone know how to edit the skin xml to show elapsed / total time, as I described above?

geposted Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 5:04 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
<text font="Verdana" size="16" color="#FFFFFF" align="left" format="%Pspent / %Ptime">

Try this code :)

And thanks for reminding me regarding time display, I'll probably include optional display in the next version of Old School.

Regards.

geposted Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 5:48 pm
Awesome guys, thanks so much! I'll try these ideas out and let you know if I need any more help...

Thanks again for your assistance -- I'm always so impressed by how helpful you all are here!

geposted Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 10:07 pm
I close my eyes. Really, even before software.

geposted Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 10:20 pm
Hey guys, so I tried making the changes in the xml mentioned above... Both worked partially, but not completely...

For the progress bar/waveform, changing the "waveform" to "no" did eliminate the "waveform" shape of the progress bar, but it still shows little striations, like on vinyl, with brighter and dimmer parts... I'd like to eliminate the progress bar completely, any way to do that ?

And with the Time elapsed / Total time thing I tried to add, it seems like it doesn't fit into the area allocated for that bit of text... It says, for example, "05:00...." with the 4 dots at the end instead of the total time for the track as I specified... I think it's cutting it off because it's too big for the space, how do I increase the area devoted to that text ? The space right next to it is blank, but originally for "BPM"... I don't want to display BPM anyway, so I can use the space for time remaining / time elapsed, but not sure how to fix it so it'll fit...

Thanks for any help with this!!

P.S. I like the closing-the-eyes thing too, but as soon as I open them I can't help myself looking at the screen! I just want to take it off the screen so it's not even an option! :)

geposted Wed 13 Dec 06 @ 1:44 am
Actually I figured out the text part with the "time elapsed" text box... Just had to increase the textzone width, reduce the font size, and adjust the "pos x"... However, it's still a bit crowded in there. Is there a way to make it show the elapsed and total times without the decimal point ? I don't really need to know if it's "02:13.5" or "02:13.6" minutes into the track :)

Or which textzone is for the track title ? I could reduce it's font size or textbox width as well...

geposted Wed 13 Dec 06 @ 2:17 am
Poloralphloren wrote :
For the progress bar/waveform, changing the "waveform" to "no" did eliminate the "waveform" shape of the progress bar, but it still shows little striations, like on vinyl, with brighter and dimmer parts... I'd like to eliminate the progress bar completely, any way to do that ?

Remove the whole songpos element from the xml.

<songpos ...>

--definitionos--
</songpos>

But don't forget to make a backup in case you'll want it back ;)
(It might not work - didn't try it myself - because some elements are required to be in skin to work)

Poloralphloren wrote :
Actually I figured out the text part with the "time elapsed" text box... Just had to increase the textzone width, reduce the font size, and adjust the "pos x"... However, it's still a bit crowded in there. Is there a way to make it show the elapsed and total times without the decimal point ? I don't really need to know if it's "02:13.5" or "02:13.6" minutes into the track :)

Or which textzone is for the track title ? I could reduce it's font size or textbox width as well...

You can create your own textzone and graphics, or create multiple texts in one textzone (switchable by clicking on them) like this:

<textzone ... >

--definitions--
<text format="%Pspent" />
<text2 format="%Ptime" />
<text3 format="Hey it actually works"/>

etc.

For more info, study the Skin Software Development Kit.

Regards.

geposted Wed 13 Dec 06 @ 9:29 am
Thanks a lot guys -- I did finally figure out that I could just delete the whole "Songpos" section, and it worked perfectly! Got rid of the progress bar completely... So, I've made the skin I dreamed of :) If anyone else wants a copy I can send it...

I liked the old-school skin a lot -- looks great! But doesn't seem to work with my TCV's :( Makes the program crash... It says that it's for people without external controllers anyway, so I guess it's not meant for TCV's, but if you could make a version for that that would be real cool. Love the graphics !

Thanks again for all the help with this everyone!

geposted Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 12:15 am
Poloralphloren wrote :
I liked the old-school skin a lot -- looks great! But doesn't seem to work with my TCV's :( Makes the program crash... It says that it's for people without external controllers anyway, so I guess it's not meant for TCV's, but if you could make a version for that that would be real cool. Love the graphics !

Well I designed the OldSchool to look realistic and to recreate the feel and difficulty of DJing with realistic TT's and mixer on a computer - that's why the big decks. If you're using TCV and a hardware mixer most of the OldSchool skin features aren't very useful, it's probably better to have more detailed loops, cues, samples, maybe video interface and why not a bigger music browser.

Anyway, even if the skin was designed mostly for bedroom dj's, it still should work with timecode control, the only problem is that there is no timecode indicator included which could be the cause of the crash ? I'm not sure, but I guess I'll have to include it in the next version.

Could you do me a favor and tell me what happens if you run a timecode on a default skin, and than switch to OldSchool? I didn't get any similar reports yet and it's very strange that it would crash just because the timecode isn't shown on the interface.

If you have any other suggestions regarding this skin,
please write them in skin's dedicated topic: Old School [1280 x 1024]

Regards.

geposted Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 12:50 am
Oh and by the way, if you still want to scroll through the song by mouse clicking, there is an alternate songpos area included in the skin on the right part of both vinyls (follows the tonearm, R -> L).

If you haven't deleted it, that is :)

Regards.

geposted Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 1:11 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)