Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Transfering files to External Hard Drive

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

How do i Transfer Files from my Laptops Hard Drive to a External Hard Drive? I have all of my Music on the Laptops Drive. I'am getting ready to Buy Numarks Cue and a External Hard Drive. I only have about 15 Gigs of Free space on my laptops Drive and i want to start Ripping my DVD Videos and my Karaoke Discs for Cue. I never have owned a External Drive before.

Thanks

geposted Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 4:31 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
just copy your tracks to your external drive

then once they are on the drive in vdj right click the folders and press recurse

to update the links to the files

geposted Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 4:34 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
If you are copying masses of files, its recommended to use a copy program like totalcopy (google for it, cant remember the site), which will allow you to resume copying in cases it looses track and you have to find where it left off.

geposted Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 4:40 pm
mainedjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
All I did was a select all, and copy and then paste of the folder.
Having a mybook was easy, since my right click gave me the option of "send to>" MY Book"

geposted Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 10:30 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
good to hear ;)

geposted Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 10:33 pm
Then from now on, put all the files in that hard drive that you rip. I bought a Seagate hard drive from the Currys online site - unfortunately, my old Acer decided to crash on me the day before it arrived, so I couldn't transfer the files - had to just re-rip them into my replacement Medion.

The Acer literally filled up the hard drive with my stuff - I couldn't get much more on. I have added to my CD collection since - and it's only used about 10 GB of a 320 GB hard drive. Interesting to see how many hours of continuous play time you would get and how many songs would you get when it's full - assuming you have only put music on - no videos, games or software packages.

geposted Wed 13 Dec 06 @ 3:43 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)