Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: M-Audio X-Session Pro controller

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
so has anyone actualy used one, they look well priced but i dont want one if they suck and fall to bits

any experience welcomed

geposted Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 11:51 pm
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Well, I've used the x-session for a while (the earlier version, not the pro) and it works great - I'd be surprised if the pro didn't work as well or better. A nice controller all around!

geposted Wed 13 Dec 06 @ 3:10 am
sla200xPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I use both x-session pro and the original. I love them both. The pro gives me a real mixer feel. Not bad for $99

geposted Wed 13 Dec 06 @ 4:12 am
Now this looks like a neat peice of kit and M-audio is a very good at this sort of thing what I'm curious about is this........

Why purchase a mixer when you have to hook the soundcard up to another mixer to get the source (compy) out to the mains?

I might use it at home to practice on - but out side it would strike me as an unnessesary peice of kit.

For users like myself without a "safety net" (cd PLayers) I dunno

Unless you go just into a line/mic mixer that only takes up 1U.

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NightClub

geposted Wed 13 Dec 06 @ 6:17 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
M Audio makes great stuff.
I own an xsession also and love it.
The other part of the equasion is the sound card.
With the M Auido Fast Track Pro you have your mic inputs (2) and headphone out with a mix knob available although I do this with the xsession through midi.
All of the inputs have gain control which now gives you line input balance for karaoke for instance.
The u46dj will do most of this also with one exception and that is back up line input.
But, I have been so confident with this set up that I have blown off back up sound lately.
I know that sounds a bit stupid, but in the time it takes to get a cd covering the need for sound I can restart the program and have the music running.
I have done it and been complimented on how quickly it was done. (circuit overload popped a breaker)
I normally have a laptop back up with me for a catastrophe anyway, so I do have some comfort zone.

The ONLY bad thing is that these mixers do NOT have replacable faders, so keep it clean.
I have gone through a couple of them because I felt dirt in the wipers and flushed it in permanently with pro gold spray rendering the unit wasted.
At the cost, I keep a back up mixer with me, it's cheap insurance.

geposted Wed 13 Dec 06 @ 3:17 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
bought one!

need the transport controlls and some faders are welcome

geposted Wed 13 Dec 06 @ 10:21 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)