Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Auto Split recording Feature

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

djbiggaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi All,

I've just used this feature for the first time. While I find it very useful there is a feature I would like to see.

I play Dancehall and I do a lot of chops, problem is when I click the fader across for one beat it cuts the track there which means when I try and burn the CD nero errors because some files are less than 2 seconds long.

Could we have it so the split only occurs say after 5 seconds of music?

geposted Wed 13 Dec 06 @ 6:54 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
virtualdj should add gaps for you

if u press the cut symbol on your recording tab

geposted Wed 13 Dec 06 @ 7:07 pm
I'm recording a continuos mix so I wouldn't want any gaps, plus I'm far too busy to be hitting that cut symbol! lol

geposted Wed 13 Dec 06 @ 7:09 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
;-)

prehaps some more options for this feature would be useful

geposted Wed 13 Dec 06 @ 7:11 pm
only problem i can see is that VDJ would have to 'buffer' the music til the count hit zero then maje the cut. Not sur ehow difficult that would be to implement in the current build.

geposted Wed 13 Dec 06 @ 7:16 pm
Just listened to the mix I did earlier. It seems VDJ was having trouble recording the file for the quick cuts, they just play back like skips and gaps, really annoying! lol at least i know now.

geposted Wed 13 Dec 06 @ 7:58 pm
VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
(for devs):
It could be solved in this way:
introducing a button (shortcut-able) and splitting the file after u finish to record (like .Cue files)
algorithm:
When u press record for the first time, a counter will start and the song will start to be recordered into ur harddrive. Everytime u click a shortcut, it store the actual counter value into a .cue file.
After u finish to record, the file will be split using the .cue info generated when u were recording.
As result: no skips problems and overhead of virtualdj functions will be reduced.
:-)

djkad

geposted Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 7:57 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes yes yes
Please add the save of the .cue file related to the long and single mp3 file recorded and please enable VDJ to separate the big mp3 mixing file thanks to the .cue file, in winamp is possible thanks to a simple plugin.

geposted Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 9:15 am
I saw this posted elsewhere but i think it's worth mentioning here too.

Could VDJ write each separate file with the title of the song that it actually relates too?

geposted Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 10:33 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)