Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: PCDJ vs VDJ - Page: 2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have PCDJ FX on their Rm 2 MK II ( Rack Mount System) I bought about 2 years ago. Never a Crash. The Sound Drop Issue being Resolved by Indexing the Songs. I bought a Dell Laptop, Never again! Fx wound not work without that Sound Drop Issue, Even if you did the Indexing thing. I have PCDJ Red 5.2 on it without the Sound Drop Issue! I have Tried the Trial Version of Numarks Cue (VDJ) and seems to work well. I'am Convinced and will be Buying it for Vjing & Kjing, Maybe some Djing with it as well. I think it will work for me! PCDJ does not even have a Video Software out yet and what i have Read is that PCDJ KJ gives people alot of Trouble. I did'nt even try Tricerasoft becacuse you have to spend more money on some Elecard for the Video to work right. I did'nt even try DJ Pro either. I could not get the Trial to even Download! They never did even E-Mail me back and that's been over a week now! Virtual DJ is Number one now in my Books!!! Numark Cue!!! Forget about PCDJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

geposted Mon 18 Dec 06 @ 5:53 pm
Since fully switching to VDJ from PCDJ (user for 5 years) about a year ago. I can say I can breath easier and actually have more fun mixing live whether it be video or audio.

Here are the key selling points that made me switch:

Seamless looping (very useful and easy to use - PCDJ was impossible to use on the fly)
Video mixing (wanted this for a long time - kept asking PCDJ via forums forever about it)
Database seperate from writing on actual MP3 tags (PCDJ corrupted many of my MP3's)
Free updates and upgrades (PCDJ was all about $$$ - new feature meant more $$$)
Better TCV (seperate program you had to pay for-horrible setup requirements)
Karaoke (seperate program with PCDJ $$$)
Easy to install on serveral machines I own for DJ-ing (PCDJ was a nightmare to install if you needed to re-install windows or whatever)
---
and most important:
VDJ has better community/forums/support
PCDJ forums were constantly kept very one-sided. god forbid you were to have a valid complaint and voice it. I have had topics removed and then I was eventually banned for just speaking my mind and asking questions. No direct converstation with me from them... just bye bye. After 5 years of loyalty and constantly turning others to their products they throw me away.

I was lucky to stumble onto VDJ by a random google search on video mixing using software.

and here I stay

geposted Mon 18 Dec 06 @ 11:09 pm
What about sound quality? One of the most important factors.

geposted Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 1:12 pm
what's with all this sound quality stuff? PCDJ has no better sound quality... it all depends on what sound card you're using...

if you're using a $39.00 turtle beack soundcard on VDJ and a $200 Maudio on pcdj, yeah, there's gonna' be a huge sound difference... but don't listen to everyone and their parroting of PCDJ's mantra "we don't have any features, but we sound better" this is a myth....

I have all of this software on my machines, and you couldn't tell which one was playing if you tried!

this sound quality thing is all a fabrication...

-Steve

geposted Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 1:42 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Steve Lynch wrote :
what's with all this sound quality stuff? PCDJ has no better sound quality... it all depends on what sound card you're using...

if you're using a $39.00 turtle beack soundcard on VDJ and a $200 Maudio on pcdj, yeah, there's gonna' be a huge sound difference... but don't listen to everyone and their parroting of PCDJ's mantra "we don't have any features, but we sound better" this is a myth....

I have all of this software on my machines, and you couldn't tell which one was playing if you tried!

this sound quality thing is all a fabrication...

-Steve

Ahmen to that mate

geposted Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 10:19 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
dj-e-lectric wrote :
ROCK ROCK ROCK solid since the 7 series started.

I am so sick of this cliche I wanna puke.
See there is a big difference between rock solid and a "few" who didn't have trouble with it.
So spare us all please, you guys were all brain washed by the same guru.

I like Andrew and Ryan, but they hung their shit in the wrong locker before the game even started.

My favorite comment from Ryan regarding VDJ was calling it "consumer grade software", like wow.

geposted Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 11:28 pm
the problem with pcdj they did not have good programmers when i started useing it they were just seting up thie office also pcdj were the first software of BPM pro all they had to do was to just add new items to it but went and try to do some thing all new and lost.and now VDJ is king lol

geposted Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 5:01 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Enough! We know VDJ won't be the solution for all. Some people are happy with other software and you know what, that's ok. This kind of talk really lowers the standards of our community. We are all here to learn, find solutions and network with each other on a global scale. Petty arguments like these distract from that. If this community can see past politics, race, gender and religion surely we can rise above this type of conversation don't you think?

geposted Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 6:38 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)