Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: can you please make vdj read id3 tags!!!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

i started djing when i was 10!!! my dad taught me everything there was to know about song selection and beat matching except counting bpms!!! he just had a natural ear for knowing what song went with what. i picked that up from him and i was good back then but every since i switched over to software, i have to say that i've been spoiled by haveing the bpms tell me what goes with what! lol its so much easier.

with traktor and serato, all u need is a bpm analyzer like (MixMeister BPM Analyzer) or u could use the ones from the programs them selves to have ur bpms counted for you. In traktor 3.2, you can even set the bpm range so that it doesn't set songs at 200 bpm or 40 bpm like im getting with vdj!!!

I have well over 20,000 files including music and videos and i have tryed to analyze about 5000 of them using both the techno and any music options and about half of them are way off!!!. ex. vdj is saying the mp3 song hotel by cassidy is 121.7 and the video file is 136.9 and there both exactly the same song at the same speed. when i count them out manually they both are 91.9! most of my house tracks are fine but most of my rap is way off and in Pennsylvaina, thats what people wanna here. i really don't want to have to manually count bpms for 20,000 files!!!

is there something i can to to make your bpm counter more accurate? For people switching over to vdj it would be a really good thing to make your program read id3 tags so we don't have to redo are entire collection!!

thanks www.djcaraby.com

geposted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 10:02 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
all we need is a decent bpm engine - we are talking about this since 2004 - Do it better or fix tags information problem -

geposted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 2:22 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003

geposted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 5:11 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I’d still like to see a divide BPM by 3/4 button and times BPM by 1.25. VDJ always finds a beat and often it is just VDJ putting 3 Beats (CGB's) where there should be 4 or VDJ putting 5 beats (CGB's) where there should be 4.

By adding these two simple buttons it would be very easy for the user to adjust the BPMs quickly and accurately. A better tap tempo would also be useful but i think adding these simple buttons would make a huge difference.

geposted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 9:19 am

geposted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 1:22 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)