Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hip Hop Mixers

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have been playing with the 4.2 Trial Version and I have to have this program simply for the video mixing. This program is crazy. My only concerns is i have not been able to test the (TCV). I have two turntables and a mixer and have a couple questions. I have done some searching but seems most of the suggestions for Mixers point to hercules. I am a hip hop old school mixer and am going to be using my turntables and im finding that this will not control the mixer on the software! Is that correct? Will i need a special mixer to mix mp3's on this program using Time Coded Vinyl or is that just to control the videos? I want to be able to control them both but thru my external mixer. What type of hip hop mixer will allow me to do this?

Kapital Kev

geposted Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 10:00 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
the mk2 is a midi controler of the software aslwell as a usb mixer

you can use a midi mixer to control the program but you dont have to

you can use a normal mixer with a usb soundcard such as presonous firebox or mk2 ,

check out the video by dj get down here

http://www.virtualdj.com/support/manual/

demonstrating the use of a mixer and timecodes =)

geposted Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 10:07 pm
djkapitalkev wrote :
I have been playing with the 4.2 Trial Version and I have to have this program simply for the video mixing. This program is crazy. My only concerns is i have not been able to test the (TCV). I have two turntables and a mixer and have a couple questions. I have done some searching but seems most of the suggestions for Mixers point to hercules. I am a hip hop old school mixer and am going to be using my turntables and im finding that this will not control the mixer on the software! Is that correct? Will i need a special mixer to mix mp3's on this program using Time Coded Vinyl or is that just to control the videos? I want to be able to control them both but thru my external mixer. What type of hip hop mixer will allow me to do this?

Kapital Kev

My recommendation is to use whatever mixer is your favorite.

geposted Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 10:40 pm
yes , as it doesnt actualy matter if you can control the software or not if your mixing the outputs of the soundcard :)

geposted Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 10:56 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Why not look at the NUO 4 mixer?
http://www.eclerdjdivision.com/productCont.php?ap=2&sub=1&id=3

That way you can map certain controls on the mixer to the software, plus allow you the flexibility of the TCVs. Also, it's size is more traditional than the small footprint of a Herc (MKII) controller.

However, you will then need to get a separate sound card.

cstoll

geposted Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 11:25 pm
Ok so any mixer will work thru the sound card i get for mixing music! i just didnt know how the videomixing would work with the mixer. I thought i had seen someone say you had to use a seperate (Herc) mixer when using video mixing. So basically I guess what i want to know is if i do need a special mixer for video is there something on the market cheaper than the NUO 4 but same style mixer.

geposted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 4:47 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The hercules is probably the cheapest you will find with a midi crossfader that you need to control the video transitions. What some people do who don't have this, they make a shorcut on the keyboard which activates an automatic fade/transition of the video. Its not highly flexible with options on delay and speed of transition, but it works.

The Nuo4 is the pro solution on the other end of the spectrum.

geposted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 5:05 am
I've done alot of research about the same thing. Soon as the MAC version of VDJ drops im going to get it and the NOU 4 mixer. It seems the "truest" and "absolute" way to use your decks with VDJ.

geposted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 8:32 am
Doing videos...

geposted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 8:33 am
I apreciate the responses and help! I think your right as far as video goes Charlie Five using that mixer is the best option to go.

hmmmmm i guess i could stick a Herc under my mixer and connect the faders together with something so when my mixer cross fader slides it moves the Hercs cross fader LOL ok ok im cheap just dont see spending $800 on a mixer whew. I guess i am old school

geposted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 7:49 pm
Man i did some research on the MK2 let me see if i got this right! its a soundcard and midi controller for mixing? So even if i didnt want to us it as a device for mixing i could run my turntables thru it and use my regular mixer but just use it as a external sound card? is this right? how good of a quality is the output of this soundcard?

geposted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 8:47 pm
dj_cashPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hi... just take a look at my stuff in my blogs...
you can mix videos it with the exactly same things.. it's just that you need a better graphic card I think... (better than mine..)

cash

geposted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 9:20 pm
djkapitalkev wrote :
Man i did some research on the MK2 let me see if i got this right! its a soundcard and midi controller for mixing? So even if i didnt want to us it as a device for mixing i could run my turntables thru it and use my regular mixer but just use it as a external sound card? is this right? how good of a quality is the output of this soundcard?

yes =)

geposted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 9:25 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)