Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Karaoke Input With Echo?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I now have to do karaoke, but how do I connect the microphones to a standard mixer and add echo?

At the pub they have a Numark CM200 USB mixer installed that I plugg my hercules into (I know the nunark CM has USB, but I havn't figured out how to make it work with virtual DJ yet).

The thing is all my microphones are XLR so I need some sort of adaptor box to plugg them into (minimum two mics), that has echo or reverb for the karaoke

with standard RCA outputs . Any ideas what I need? Or are USB microphones any good? Even if you can't get a box to plugg XLR into, I can always cut the ends off and put a different connector on the ends of my mic's.

Hope someone has some ideas? At the minute I'm having to use my Studiomaster powered mixer
just so I can get echo. It's one heavy bit of kit.
Cheers.

geposted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 3:12 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you might wana try a small line and mic fx mixer such as beringer

UB1204FX which comes in a 2 input and 4 input model

and is quite light :)

geposted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 3:17 pm
Yeah that would work, but still would take up almost as much space on the desk and again seems like alot just for me to add echo.

Also I don't want to spend too much like I keep saying I just want to add a bit of echo for the singers.
Can I buy something like this:

but instead of the dials for volume controll they were for echo controll?

Or better still, can you buy microphones with echo built in? Just adjust it with a dial or a screw on the side before giving it to the singer?
Something like this would be great, obviously not for kids! lol.

geposted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 3:21 pm
DjGazUK wrote :
Yeah that would work, but still would take up almost as much space on the desk and again seems like alot just for me to add echo.

Also I don't want to spend too much like I keep saying I just want to add a bit of echo for the singers.
Can I buy something like this:

but instead of the dials for volume controll they were for echo controll?

Check this out,,,,, I'm trying to downsize my set up from vocoprokj8000pro and adding BCD2000....Trying to Find a small microphone effects mixier , If I do I'll be selling my kj8000..
http://www.pssl.com/bitemdetail.tpl~waGroup1datarq~[waGroup1datarq]~eqint_KeyIDdata~33133~itemNumber~KMX-01%2001%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20~UID~2007011506212793~disp_IMG~Y~catgroup~%5BcatGroup%5D

geposted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 3:29 pm
http://www.planetdj.com/i--KARAOKECONSOLE

Try hercules's karaoke console.

I have NO idea how good/bad it is.
Going by they're DJ Console - it'll be middle of the road.

But price is right and it'll do your karaoke gigs for you

DJ Marcel

geposted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 4:45 pm
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :
http://www.planetdj.com/i--KARAOKECONSOLE

Try hercules's karaoke console.

I have NO idea how good/bad it is.
Going by they're DJ Console - it'll be middle of the road.

But price is right and it'll do your karaoke gigs for you

DJ Marcel

Oh Good,,, Another Fisher Hercules Price toy..

geposted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 7:53 pm
Looks more like a stand-alone karaoke thingy, doesn't say if it will work with virtual Dj or not, as I now use firtual DJ to play the karaoke files I don't want to have to mess about with different software.

geposted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 8:05 pm
Vocal eliminator.

geposted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 8:12 pm
Vocal eliminator isn't much use if you don't have the words on the screen. Besides like I say I'm using Virtual DJ to play my karaoke files.
I've seen the microphone control plug-ins in the download section, is there one that allows echo? That way I could plugg all my mics into the hercule's or another sound card.

geposted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 8:15 pm

geposted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 8:15 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)