Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Select and Unselect In The Center Browser Window

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Version-4.2R1

When selecting files in the center browser window using a mouse, I click on a file, hold the shift key down and select a group of files.

Now I realize that I have over-selected by one or several tracks and attempt to back up the highlighted selected files using the mouse and/or the keyboard arrow keys with the windows appropriate CTL or SHIFT keys.

Nothing.

Track selection process is locked tight. Only by scrolling up to a non-selected track and clicking on it is the only way to release the selection block. Even the ESC key doesn't do it.

Is this a "bug" or am I doing something normal windows allows but VDJ doesn't?

geposted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 5:24 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Dear Cap Capello

When I multi select to drag to the side list or play list

I click on a file and press shift and down then drag the selected

Works the charm for me

If that was what you where referring to

Sorry if I have misunderstood

Kind Regards

Simon

geposted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 5:36 pm
Try this.

Select 5 tracks to drag and drop.

Try changing those 5 to 3 instead. Do you have problems shrinking the list without having to start over?

geposted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 5:52 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
see what you mean i do not belive virtual dj supports this behaviour

geposted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 6:43 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've come across this problem also. I think its a problem which vdj needs to address.

geposted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 9:42 pm
skyfxl wrote :
see what you mean i do not belive virtual dj supports this behaviour

"supports this behavoir"? seriously? it's a bug. period. there's actually other selection/multi-select bugs in the file browser that he obviously hasn't discovered yet.

i think everyone can agree that most standard windows widgets should behave sanely with regard to things like scrolling, select, multi-select, drag-n-drop, etc. what's hard is when you're not using a standard windows widget (like explorer windows, or standard windows dialog boxes) and the thing is coded from scratch and you sometimes don't remember to implement all the expected functionality. that's exactly what's happened here.

geposted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 10:19 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)