Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: scratch improvements

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I think it would be great that when you scratch, the waveform just played along like it normaly would, so when you stop scratching, the song goes along where it would be if you didn't scratch.

Hope this is clear, but that way you could scratch and have the beat in your head, and stop scratching at the right moment so the beat will continue without interupting the flow...

I don't mean I want to hear the music playing while scratching, just that it advances in it's normal way/speed.

Maybe it's a beginners scratching thing, but I think it would be nice. And it should be an option so you can turn it of ofcourse :)

geposted Sun 15 Aug 04 @ 1:41 pm
Can you explain what you mean?
I think that was what I am trying to say in the other thread.

geposted Sun 15 Aug 04 @ 1:43 pm
O ok, I've searched through the threads but couldn't find it, maybe didn't look close enough.

But what I mean is that when I'm scratching now in vdj (using the dj console, but that doesn't really matter) the music obviously stays at the point where you're scratching, so when you release the song will play from that point, usually resulting in being not really in sync with the rythm before you started to scratch.

I think it would be nice to have the music (or waveform actually), although you won't hear it while scratching, advance like it normally would, so when you stop scratching at the next beat or so (counted in your head) it will play from there.

The music will go on where you (and the audience) expect it to be naturally.

This is ofcourse when you scratch the one song that is playing, not using another song to scratch over the other.

So that's why I think it would be nice to see it as an option you can turn off/on.

Hope this is clear, I'm not English speaking (as you can tell) so it's more difficult to explain then I thought it would be :)

geposted Sun 15 Aug 04 @ 2:33 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
this idea could produce some interesting effects (and would also keep the beats alligned whilst scratching.
sounds liek a good idea

geposted Sun 15 Aug 04 @ 3:05 pm
I think it's a good idea, too!!

geposted Sun 15 Aug 04 @ 3:33 pm
Sound like an excellent effect to be created..

geposted Sun 15 Aug 04 @ 5:33 pm
it sounds interesting enough but for now
u make a cue where u want the song to go back to
so u scratch like u want and when ur done hit the cue and it'll be exactly where u want it

i know this is just a work around and its not the real solution but i think u asked for this feature coz u needed it
so just to satisfy ur needs untill a decision is made about ur idea use my way

c i though about this idea b4 coz i needed it and because it wasnt there i made the work around

i hope this helps u ( for now ) and i hope u get what u want
personally i think u'll get it coz with vinyl control and xp 10's this will be extremly usefull

dj smokey

geposted Fri 20 Aug 04 @ 2:13 am
hmm.. i like the idea too, as an option ;)

scratch vs scratch'n'play ;) could be a nice feature

geposted Fri 20 Aug 04 @ 4:07 am
thanks smokey187, that's great! (for now...) ;)

geposted Fri 20 Aug 04 @ 12:47 pm
Hey all,
Actually , my Numark Axis 9 players do this. There are 4 different scratch modes and one of them allows you to scratch and when you stop scratching the music continues from where you would have been in real time if you didn't scratch. There is also a mode that recues when you stop scratching, one that is a normal scratch like with VDJ and the fourth one stops the music when you are done and only continues if you push the platter forward. Pretty neat!

geposted Mon 23 Aug 04 @ 5:25 am
very neat
Dev Staff

how about that ????
a feature like that would make xp 10's and time coded vinyl
on top

it would be great for VDJ

what do u guys think??

geposted Mon 23 Aug 04 @ 6:51 am
Yeah going along the Axis 9 route would be a top top top way of doing it.

I particularly like the where it would be if you didnt scratch at all idea, that way you wouldnt have to worry about your mix going out of sync...

geposted Wed 25 Aug 04 @ 1:50 am

Never been that good at scratching, myself. I've always kept my needle weight on the light side, because it sounds better, not to mention the fact that the needles and records last a lot longer,.. so anytime I ever tried to show off, the needle would usually jump out of the groove!

The scratching function of VDJ just doesn't feel or sound the same to me anyway,.. however it seems that a better idea would be to have one of the talented programmers who make the plug-ins, design an add-on function where you could strike a key or two at the correct rate or sync, and get a realistic facsimile of the sound of a real scratching artist at his best.... "Semi - automatic scratching", if you will....

geposted Wed 25 Aug 04 @ 3:11 am
elvinHome userMember since 2004
I like this idea!

(goed idee lodewijk!)

geposted Tue 07 Sep 04 @ 4:16 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
my only thoughts on scratch are to just make it as realistic as possible, improving it constantely until the sound is perfect.

Perfect being the real thing, but i'm aware that the team must work very hard, so all these new feature requests are a tall order.

rome wasn't built in a day.

geposted Fri 10 Sep 04 @ 12:24 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)