Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: sample pitch

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

ok gang
this is driving me crazy
i ONLY want to change the pitch of the vdj 12 samples (if i want)
NOT the turntables
i just bought an axiom m-audio 61 key keyboard
i know how to change the pitch of the turntable--just not the sampler
this is why i bought the keyboard
i was told i can do this but for the life of me i can not figure this dang thing out
any and all help is MUCH APPRECIATED
thanks

geposted Sun 28 Jan 07 @ 5:11 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
heya did some more research im not sure if you can make large changes to sample pitch i think you can just activate beatlock funtion

you can map the knobs to volume however

geposted Sun 28 Jan 07 @ 5:37 pm
oliwynnPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Is there any plan to improve the sampler further? Like adding eqs, effects, pitch control and the ability to nudge the sample to put it in sync better. It would be amazing if this could be achieved for the next version just think of the remixing you could do! Kick abletons ass!

geposted Sun 28 Jan 07 @ 8:16 pm
i hope so its been sugested :)

geposted Sun 28 Jan 07 @ 8:24 pm
yikes !!!!!
i bought the keyboard because i use samples a lot
i also really, i mean REALLY, wanted to change the pitch of the samples
thanks for the replies everyone
i really do appreciate it
***i guess i could open multiple instances of vdj and use turntables 3 and 4 as sample banks that i can control the pitch with
either way, the keyboard is kinda cool

geposted Mon 29 Jan 07 @ 2:32 am
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006

Yes, the samples should be improved in the next version, especially there should be keylock to use acapella samples to keep em in tune when pitching .

Better sampler could benefit all the vdj users from the beginners to pros. I think vdj team has focused too much on mac version and time code lately which benefit only a small fraction of users.

geposted Mon 29 Jan 07 @ 8:12 pm
there is a beatmatch on the sampler :)

geposted Mon 29 Jan 07 @ 8:56 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Yes, beatmatch works but no keylock, it is different. If I play deck A with a 130 bpm track which is c-minor and play an acapella sample which is also 130 bpm c-minor, everything is fine. but if i pitch the deck (with keylock on) to 140 bpm, the track remains on the c-minor but the sample goes out of tune (still on the beat though but that does not help much). That is a problem. I have got several good acapella samples but i can't use them because they most likely will be out of tune. Or is there a solution yet?

geposted Mon 29 Jan 07 @ 11:46 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)