Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Numark Total Control VS BCD-2000

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Just to get a few things clear here, the 2000 has an on board audio card, and just through doing a basic search on the forum, it looks like half the people who have one had problems with it.

The numark total control (ntc) has no sound card, and there fore you can choose your own. Does anyone know when it will be available?

(Theres so many choices out there, I just can't decide on what to get)

geposted Mon 26 Mar 07 @ 7:22 pm
There are loads of past forums about the Numark Total Control. Personally I can't wait for the Total Control, then I can get into DJing properly! I'm no expert, but the Total Control is FARRRR superior to the BCD's. Like you say, they aren't the most compatible with many people having problems setting them up. Also I reckon they look cheap and tacky construction too. The BCD 3,000 is designed with this in mind. The 3,000 is slightly better build quality, better feel on the wheels, knobs e.c.t which is probably important! I've done quit a bit of research into controllers. You tube was the best place. Many promotional videos telling you all about them. The Total Control is more expensive, and essentially the same as the 3,000, BUT looks better so I think will be easier to use, with no anoying sloping platform and upper layers to get in your way. The Total Control is more like the Vestax VCI, clear and easy to use. I also think the Total Control is very good value for money if it does what it says on the tin. With it comes CUE software which alone is worth £150, (hence no license user) so a controller for £80! OK so it doesn't have a sound card! But spending more could work out as spending less in the long run, for example if you want to up grade to different controllers as you get better.
The word on the forums is that the Total Control will be available April 2007, but DJStore.co.uk reckons mid May! cos apparently Numark nearly always send out new products at least two months late :-(

HURRY UP!!!! The longer I wait, the more tempting the VCI looks.

geposted Mon 26 Mar 07 @ 9:26 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Jamie4615 wrote :
... The BCD 3,000 is designed with this in mind. The 3,000 is slightly better build quality, better feel on the wheels, knobs e.c.t which is probably important! I've done quit a bit of research into controllers. You tube was the best place. Many promotional videos telling you all about them.

I'm interested in BCD 3000 too. Where have you heard or read these?. Have you touched/feeled one of them? Can you link some "youtube" about it?

geposted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 4:56 pm
For what its worth, the BCD will be for my budget system. I have 2 setups for VDJ.....

one that does straight audio, and mostly house (So no sratching, just beatmatching IE weddings etc) This is on a fresh formatted averatec laptop, works like a dream, cept right now I am only using the regular ac97 audio out cable, split by left and right for decks one and 2, BUT the thing is the audio is so quiet!!! probably cause there is NO amplification on the laptop itself(Which is why the BCD2000 would be perfect, it has a soundcard built in). Now, for just basic mixing, the 2000 seems to do everything that I want, its even got its own option in the program, so I don't see WHY it wouldn't be a worthwhile choice. Although i've been reading and alot of people are complaining about problems with the 2000, i'm still willing to give it a shot.

The other setup is for video, its a PC and 2 1200s, and not sure what mixer yet, was gonna go for the NUO4, but now i'm not so sure. I'm trying to imagine what it would be like controlling all the effects from one small ass row of controls, and I don't know if i'd like that. Since i'm going PCI for my audio card, i'm thinking about a midi controler for a mixer; only thing is that i'm not sure how i'm gonna like how the x-faders react when I try to do some quick scratches. The vestax looks nice, but at $800+, screw that. theNumark total control looks cool but it has one of my favorite buttons hidden. the (kill) base button.

and another thing about the numark total control that I just noticed now, WHERE IS THE DAMN + - button, so I can match the beats??? Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

geposted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 5:36 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
you use the jog wheels to align the beats

geposted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 5:50 pm
ah, good call.

So when is it gonna b e available for purchase anyway??

geposted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 7:06 pm
The Total Control has auto beatmatch button aswell, or if not, I will probs try and map one in.

geposted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 8:29 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)