Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: new to djing

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Newbie here. I got an MK2 for a about a week ago and I'm hooked. Loosing a lot of sleep learning how to use it. This forum had been VERY helpfull.

So... Spit out some tips that I may not have come across on my own.

also does anyone know a goot site to download Drum And Bass?
...membership style.
I want to keep my downloads legal.

It also seems a little odd to me that the MK2 has Phono inputs but the VDJ software that comes with it won't allow TCV. You have to upgrade to get that option right? or can I use TCV on my console version?

i'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions and posting mixes on megaupload or somthing for some good old fasioned constructive critisim.

geposted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 12:26 pm
yes you have to upgrade your version to pro for using tcv or tccd
there is a special offer for home edition users here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/purchase/discount.html
also upgrading your version to pro version you will have the right to download skins, effects and external tools for vdj like the mapper for your dj console :)
hope to see you as pro user.

geposted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 1:04 pm
not much of a discount...

thats about what I paid for my MK2 with console software.

Effect plug ins would be cool, but i think skins whould just tax my system recources.

It would be cool if the upgrade came with the 2 TCV's and maybe a few more accessories.

...besides I really have no use for the PRO version. I'm just a rookie trying to learn. But I would like to get the feel of vinyl.

I think ALL versions should be set up to use TCV's. That is really the only extra option i'd like to have

...it IS dj software.

geposted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 1:15 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
when you bought the mk2 you did not pay for the software that was a free gift as such to get you going from atomix.

geposted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 1:24 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Giving away free TCVs would really not make much sense, economically, since a lot of people who buy the software don't have much in the way of hardware, so it'd waste the money of the company which would not, then, be put back into development etc. Also, correct me if I'm wrong about this, but up until recently VDJ was an internet purchase only, so shipping and handling costs would also need to be accounted for. IMO I don't think it'd be sensible for VDJ to give away free TCVs, although they do allow free d/l of the TCCD MP3

:o)

geposted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 2:36 pm
I'm pretty sure I paid for everthing in the box.
it didnt say "FREE VIRTUAL DJ" it said "customized version of Virtual DJ 3"

I do like the the console and the software very much, It did get me going.
I know the older version of the console doesnt have phono inputs. that version shouldnt have the option for TCV. that makes sense.
But, the console with the phono inputs should have that option for TCV. Better Tools should have better options, i think.

it just doesnt seem like a good deal for 249 to get output video in fullscreen, dac controller options, midi device support, and automatic use. (Although these are great features, i don't need that stuff)

plug ins would be cool to download, but there is enough source code for me to make my own plug ins.

so to me the 249 isnt a "DEAL" if the only usefull extra I personally get out of it is just the use of TCV.

keep in mind I'm not complaining. just noticing.

that was way off the point...

i'm just looking for some beginners tips.

geposted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 2:39 pm
Just practice and record ur mixes. listen to the transitions etc. you'll soon pick up which songs mix well and which ones really dont lol. dont be afraid to make mistakes, its all part of the process. start w/ simple beats (house is good for this) then build up to whatever type of music you like.

Forget about harmonic mixing etc for now, just concentrate on getting the beats aligned. Also, I use a fair few samples in my mixes so build up your sample folders with simple beats etc (you can record this easily enough) then overlay them to ad continuity to the transitions.

Hope that's helped

Nebula

geposted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 2:55 pm
cool thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KRsLAIQLq8

i found this old promo vid that says if you upgrade you get 2 timecode vinyls. I guess someone thought it was a good idea at one point. I know I'd pay the shippinmg if I got 2 TCV's with my upgrade. so to me it seems Like VDJ is looing my $250 for not offering the TCV's. Besides whats $40 on a $250 program, even though we all know they don't cost $20 to manufacture. I've seen other TCV's for less. and its pretty cheap to ship records.

It would be nice to have them thats for sure..

:)

geposted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 3:03 pm
I must say he does say "You can upgrade your software to the full version of VDJ in which case you will get two of the time code vinyls".

But does he mean you will get them automatically for upgrading, or you will get them to use tts? He is quite ambiguous there. to be fair and I can see how you could be mislead

Also it's very important to remember that he is a spokesman for Hercules, and not a spokesman for Atomix...

Sorry pal, but you have no case for fraudulent or misleading advertising (against Atomix Productions as he is not an official spokesperson (for Atomix Productions)

Nebula

geposted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 3:14 pm
in no way have i implied that i want to win a "case for fraudulent or misleading advertising (against Atomix Productions..."

i'm just saying someone thought it was a good idea once apaun a time. And he is a salesperson. And he is pitching the product. And I think it still is a good idea. Promotional offers change everyday. I haven't been mislead at all.

And he looks like a pretty official spokesperson. A partnership of anykind is still a partnership. isn't it?
I think he is just promoting the way it was that day. Who knows when they quit offering the TCV's with the upgrade. But one think is for sure. They no longer offer it. That is totally fine with me. But it does keep me from getting the PRO version.

geposted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 4:36 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
the tcv are 20$ each

if you use the update you get the full software which isnt limited.

comparison

geposted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 4:39 pm
thanks

...but i knew that already.

lets try to stick to beginners tips here. thats all i'm really lookin for.

geposted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 4:43 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006

geposted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 5:03 pm
Try www.beatport.com too. Not entirely sure (as I'm not into D&B myself) but I think there should be some on there.

Nice to see people happy to put money back into the scene they love.

Good luck, and as they say...practice makes perfect ;)

geposted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 5:10 pm
HELL YEAH!

now we're on the right track!

THANKS!!

geposted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 5:33 pm
lol yeah fair enough. It was actually meant to be taken in humour, but I've not slept properly in about 2 weeks (i have bad glandular fever) so sorry. I wasn't aiming to suggest that you wanted to sue anyone, and sorry for that too. Think I'll just hush up now lol

geposted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 6:50 pm
LOL

no need to apologize...

I hope you feel better soon.

geposted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 11:25 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)