Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Scratching using MK2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi peepz, i've been dj'in for a cuppalah years now, and i wuz usin Mixman DM2 earlier and then now i've switched on the Hercules MK2 with an external 4 channel gemini mixer. Though i'm able to mix groovy tracks live, and use the effects etc.. i'm still not satisfied with the scratch possiblities open in the MK2. Its almost next to none. So can someone experienced enough pls tell me the options / methods uf scratching using the mk2 without having to use a TT or a TCVinyl. Thank You

geposted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 8:42 pm
The WHEELS are too near to the CROSSFADER, that makes it not very useful.
You can use external mixtable to "crossfade"...

Some videos found at YOUTUBE

geposted Wed 28 Mar 07 @ 3:26 pm
Thanks pdn!! :) Tat was a really fast reply and yes i agree that the knobs are too close to the crossfader, i do use an external mixer but i still feel there might be some technique that i'm not aware of .. in scratching using the knobs alone.. if so pls let me know..otherwise..thank u so much for ur reply :)

Another thing!!! I was experimenting with scratching using the knobs and the crossfaders in mk2 when suddenly after half an hour or so..i lost output from my mains and i could hear the output based on the headphone knobs alone!!! I was so shocked that i fiddled with the settings for a long time. Re installing everything didnt help too.. then finally i ended up updating the mk2 driver and s/w and then finally all was fine.

geposted Wed 28 Mar 07 @ 9:54 pm
Just check the videos, and try something similar... and practice.

About the problem, strange, hope it doesn't happens again.

geposted Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 10:17 am
Thanks again pdn! The videos were helpful... well i've been scratchin using mk2 for a while, and i guess thats the max u can do with it.
Anyway tnx again..

geposted Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 7:56 pm
thanks for the lesson but i need so more.

geposted Mon 09 Apr 07 @ 11:48 pm
willian campos wrote :
thanks for the lesson but i need so more.

SEARCH on the FORUMS ;)

geposted Wed 11 Apr 07 @ 5:44 pm
Thanks for the lesson , but seems easy, trying to do its not easy haha

geposted Thu 12 Apr 07 @ 1:42 am
Oh sorry , and wichs songs you used ?

geposted Thu 12 Apr 07 @ 1:43 am
dj_yankee_edy wrote :
Oh sorry , and wichs songs you used ?

it's not me on the videos ;p

geposted Mon 16 Apr 07 @ 3:14 pm
dexstarPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I get a delay when the wheel is released, so it doesn't react like vinyl/turntable.
Does anyone else experience this latency.

eg scratching beginning of a beat to bring in, release the wheel as you would vinyl, but it doesn't play straightaway.

geposted Thu 03 May 07 @ 4:36 pm
MHansenPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I get the same latency as [dexstar]. It’s like VDJ needs to figure out that the wheels aren’t moving anymore, before it continues to play.
I don’t think it can be avoided! (I’m considering Timecoded Vinyl)

geposted Fri 22 Jun 07 @ 9:39 pm

Thats because Hercules MK2 does NOT have touch sensitive jogwheels.

Meaning if you put a finger on the jogwheel, and hold it still, the song will play...

Unlike turntables, scratch cd-players, XP10 midi controller, Vestax VCI-100 midi controller, Numark ICDX and so on, that HAS touch sensitive jogwheels.

So scratching on Hercules can only be pretty basic, and one needs to compensate for the lack of touch sensitive jogwheels, by adapting technics and trix.. (like DJ Gauge in the video above)

But it will never be a good scratch solution, sorry ;)

geposted Fri 03 Aug 07 @ 1:04 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)