Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: The Audio plays but the Video does not. Help!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

amosproPRO InfinityMember since 2006
OK guys, after hours of different encoding processes, I can not get the videos to show up when the audio plays. I have ripped my music video as a VOB file using the encoder that came with VDJ. I've also tried encoding AVI files and WMV files using my video editing software. In either case, the song plays but the video doesn't. The window pops up but it says loading... The Video Icon changes from a small blue V to a small red X which I assume it means it corrupt.

Right now I am olny testing this out at my desk with my laptop and do not have it hooked up to anything. What am I missing here? Settings? Video Fader setting?

geposted Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 2:08 am
Can anyone help me here?

geposted Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 10:39 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
how large is ur graphics card?

geposted Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 10:42 pm
This is somethinkg I don't know a whole lot about. I just have the stock graphics card in my HP laptop. Intel (R) 915GM.

What do you recommend? I don't mind searching and reading topics but please direct me in this search.

Thanks!

geposted Sat 31 Mar 07 @ 1:09 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
odear thats a intergrated graphics card

they arnt so good at running video im sad to say :(

they have no intergrated memory so they have to run of the system memory instead which can be alot slower.

geposted Sat 31 Mar 07 @ 1:14 am
OK, point me in the right direction! What do I need? I'm thinking about buying a new laptop with Vista, would this work? Should I order one with a specific graphics card? What is the best? What should I read up on?

~Jody

geposted Sat 31 Mar 07 @ 8:41 am
OK, I found your post on graphics cards. Now I know more than I'll ever need to know! ;-) So if I were to buy a brand new laptop for VDJ'ing, which brand would you recommend? Dell, Toshiba, Mac?

~Jody

geposted Sat 31 Mar 07 @ 8:51 am
look for a laptop with dedicated ATi X1400 or above graphics card with dedicated memory and you'll be all set. No worries !

www.newegg.com is a good place to shop for machines with that type of card.

If you are a Sony Viao fan, their business series laptops come with ATi cards. (be warned - Sony business website not too easy to find)

geposted Sat 31 Mar 07 @ 2:17 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)