Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Upgrading from PC to Laptop

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DjDeveHome userMember since 2007
Hey Guys,
I've been dj-ing for awhile and I recently started using VDJ. Anyways, Im going to buy a laptop (2g RAM and 1.6gHz) and i was just wondering how well VDJ works for long sets. I am curious because occasionally VDJ will freeze up on me and I want to make sure it is reliable to use for 6 hour set. I would to hear some feebback. Thanks!

geposted Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 10:18 pm
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
I have a 1.6 processor and 1.5 ram with a 64mb video card. I had my laptop running 18 hours with no problems.

geposted Sun 01 Apr 07 @ 1:45 pm
purchasing a laptop and upgrading are not synonymous .......... your software does not determine how well your system handles long sets .........

at this time you should probably just go straight to vista .......

if you get one of the flavors of xp try to avoid media center edition

laptops are difficult or impossible to reconfigure ........

geposted Sun 01 Apr 07 @ 4:27 pm
impossible to say what is wrong with the current set up that causes VDJ to freeze based on the info provided ........

use the setup guide for recommended tweaks .....

geposted Sun 01 Apr 07 @ 4:32 pm
DjDeveHome userMember since 2007
thanks for the feedback guys

geposted Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 6:02 am
Well, I would only recommend... as you're getting a lower powered laptop, do not get a celeron, pentium M, sempron, turion, or any other mobile economy processor... they cost more, because they give you longer battery life, but you sacrifice processing power.

get an athlon 64 or something like that.

why start fresh with an outdated machine?

And BTW, you're actually downgrading by going to a laptop... I mean I have a pile of laptops all working flawlessly for audio, but for the heavy duty stuff, I only trust a desktop with a superior video card...

-Steve

geposted Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 8:42 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)