Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Third deck

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I don't need four decks.

However I would like 3 decks avialable to use in External 3 channel mixer mode.

This would allow for sample mixing:

Example - song A playing, 16 beat loop of 2 live crew "hey want some Pussy!" plays during the transition to song B

I do this all the time with other retro-songs that are annoying otherwise but have good hooks,

Examples - Whomp there it is, Mama said knock you out, This is how we do it, etc....

Added bonus would be that we would not need to add a second sound card to handle the outputs.

It would not even (for me) have to be a "real hardware mounted" deck - meaning I don't have to controll it with a two channel controller, for what I would use it for just a "virtual" deck is fine

I guess even modifiying the sampler to show BPM, make manual adjustments would be enough. I can controll the eq in my mixer.

geposted Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 11:21 pm
HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Marcel- this 3rd deck with an external soundcard will be yours as soon as DJ Format finishes a skin called KJ. THis plugin skin works with vmix 5.2.

It has a third deck down below with it's own file directory.

I can;t wait for him to finish this so I can access my 400 samples.

Is this what you are looking for too?

B

geposted Tue 03 Apr 07 @ 5:39 am
Not sure Hoffman - but as always - an open mind is good - I'll check it out when he finishs the skin

geposted Tue 03 Apr 07 @ 7:54 am
I would also like to see a third deck option, for 3-channel external mixing.
But I think this isn't possible with only a skin (what I want is to have the ability to play 3 simultaneous tracks through a 3-channel external mixer, regardless of the samples).
Is this possible with a skin? I don't think so...
As far as I know, this was perfectly possible with VDJ 3.x versions. Will this option be included in future VDJ releases? I'm looking forward to this option for 3ch external mixing, I'm seriously considering to buy VDJ if it gets included.

geposted Tue 03 Apr 07 @ 7:28 pm
I was searching around in the skin forum and the KJ multi-skin looks like It'll do the trick.

geposted Tue 03 Apr 07 @ 11:18 pm
From what I know, it will do the trick for everything except if you needed timecode for that 3rd player. At first I wanted it, then I decided I could just play from this third deck using the mouse/keyboard keys.

If the KJ comes out, should be very cool for samples.

Wishing on Format at this point.

Your external soundcard needs a way to play another set out to your mixer though- I have the Presonus Firebox and it can handle 6 outs.

B

geposted Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 1:37 am
I'm just using the 6.1 card in my MOBO.

6 outs - channel 1/2 - deck, 1 channel 3/4 deck 2, 5/6 samples/prelisten.

all run to the 3 channels on my mixer

I hope there'd be a way to assign channel 5/6 to the third deck/sampler

I can do without the prelisten don't use it anyway.

geposted Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 4:38 am
see if Format is going to get the KJ done soon-

The KJ is like the Vmix 5.2 multi-skin- I tried this- it gives two more decks on the bottom and I used deck 3 coming out my soundcard channels 5&6 going to 3rd line on mixer like you want.

KJ will be better than the multi-instance though- no need for a 4th deck.

:-)

geposted Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 10:29 pm
Sweet

I like the sounds of that.

I'll wait with much patience.

geposted Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 10:40 pm
JMRGHome userMember since 2007
About 4 years ago I ask the cuestion of the third deck to make this virtualdj posible to play 3 tracks a the same time, to play all options that the other 2 does it and nobody say nathing.
I belive that is time for this new version to comes out.

I have been mixing virtualdj fron de firts version of atomix was made.
let us see good you are this new version I hop to competible and playeble on any os.
thanks

geposted Fri 13 Apr 07 @ 8:32 am
Bump.

Any other club DJ's, you guys should be all over this one. Three decks in a single instance would be a great idea.

No one else agree?

geposted Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 11:00 pm
Hi

for me it would be also interesting.

Well, I am only testing and playing home, but I think of features I would use.

I tried multiinstance and the biggest problem (if I wasn't wrong) is that it does not exchange data. I analyze as song in one instance and the second instance does not know...

When I close them the data of the first one I closed disappear. Probably the database is overwritten with the second instance. Or do I something wrong?

The reason I would use third deck is that I would prepare songs there. One deck is playing second is waiting in the third one I would check the BPM, set the cue points, find the fade points etc.
First two decks would work normally like now and the third one will be redirected to the headphones all the time - no live output...

geposted Tue 01 May 07 @ 12:09 am
BTW
I saw some requests to improve the Listen option...
this what I wrote can totally replace it. You can prelisten on the third deck.

geposted Tue 01 May 07 @ 1:13 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)