Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Changing Cables - Sound quality improvement?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi

I currently use my DJConsole with a cable going from the '1-2' channel socket at the back of the console to the phono's input into my stereo.

Would there be a improvement in sound quality if i used the phono output of the console running to the phono input of the stereo?

Thanks in advance for your help.

geposted Fri 10 Sep 04 @ 1:50 pm
Do NOT use phono input !! Phonos use weak signals.
Use line-in / cd-player / aux inputs only. These have very strong signals and dont need to be pre-amped.
You might risk blowing up you stereo since it will amplify the sound too much.

geposted Fri 10 Sep 04 @ 1:56 pm
Sorry, i am going into Aux line in (when i said phono, i meant i was using phono type cables)

I currently have a cable that takes me from the '1-2' channel on my console to the AUX line in on my stereo, would i get improvements in sound quality if i went from the line out of the console (rather than channel '1-2') to the AUX line in on the stereo?

geposted Fri 10 Sep 04 @ 2:01 pm
SPARKYPRO InfinityMember since 2004
No - the sound quality depends on both your soundcard and your stereo.

The console produces 24 bit sound which is excellent and the only quality difference will be on the MP3 you use (128kb plus is good - no less than that)

High quality cables are only useful with really high output PA rigs where you can REALLY hear the bass.......maybe over 1000watt PC?

Mine is 700 watts PC and I get no complaints (only compliments from people) when I am out and about - and I only use standard cables (apart from speaker cables which DO make a difference)

geposted Sat 11 Sep 04 @ 4:55 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)