Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: UPGRADING EQUIPMENT TOMORROW! (PLEASE HELP!!!)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Okay so a while back I had posted to ask about what ppl thought about new equipment and what I should be buying. Well I am still really confused on the mixer and souncard area.

I heard great things about the Numark ICDX but I am a scratch fanatic so my MK2 just not cutting it. Is the ICDX good enough to do some tricks and some clean scratching? Keep in mind I am upgrading from the Dj Counsole Mk2 so I am not used to moving vinyls or moving cd tts. I have no idea if its easier that way or not. I also need to know what is a good mixer to use with the ICDXs and vdj. I heard about a Numark mixer that can map with VDJ but I dunno if thats the best way to go??? lol I AM VERY confused. Right now I am going to be using my Desktop computer until I buys a lap top later on. Last but not least with everything that I am gonna buy depending on ur replies, what is a good soundcard that I can find easily at the music store and plug in with everything. PLEASE HELP ME GUYS!!! THANKS!

I PROMISE MY MIXES ON THE RADIO WILL BE ONE OF THE BEST IF YOU GUYS HELP ME OUT!!

PEACE!
Dj Naamnaam!

geposted Sat 28 Apr 07 @ 9:09 am
if your a scratch fanatic I wouldn't bother with the icdx.....its a very awkward feeling jogdial. You have to push in to get the motion....& thats not the way to pull off cuts. Me personally because of the size of the dials mainly I like this controller:

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/TorqXponent-main.html

that everything in one...u can't go wrong. everything is nice size too...not a comact little toy. As far as another controller thats cool that also has a jog dial thats a decent size is the xp10. But after that I wouldn't recommend anything inbetween until the cdj800's. but then your getting into the tccd territory which takes more pc power.

pssttt...maudio maudio maudio lol.

geposted Sat 28 Apr 07 @ 9:55 am
dj sykoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
dude the best way to go is with a setup like mine. i have the cdj 1000s and i just got a Ecler NU04. prior to that if you're just mixing mp3s a DJM 600 and the CDJ1000s will have you flawless. you output what you spend. as soon as i figure out propper mapping for the Ecler i have a video collection that is unrivaled and it's no limit. good luck.

geposted Sat 28 Apr 07 @ 10:34 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
The iCDX is a good unit but Funk is right. There is an additional action to scratch. It can be done but not like vinyl. It also has lots of other features that make it an atrractive deck though. You only need one and you can work the crossfader with just one iCDX as well. I own two and swear by them. But to each his own.

geposted Sat 28 Apr 07 @ 4:51 pm

*Vestax VCI 100

geposted Sat 28 Apr 07 @ 6:12 pm
WOW VESTAX is NEW??? DAAAYAAAAM!!!! What souncard guys? I am gonna print all of this and take it tiwht me to the store lol so please name some good soundcard. hahaa

THANKS!
Dj Naamnaam!

geposted Sat 28 Apr 07 @ 8:57 pm
Ok I went today to a music store here called Guitar Center and tried out a couple things. Took me forever to explain to them what I wanna do cuz this dude that was helping me knew less than me about stuff lol. THey started tryna seel me Serato Scratch Live as the soundcard and stuff. Now after i tried to explain they showed me this 149 doller Tascam Soundcard that had a bundle with CUBASE. I was soo confused and tired that i decided to buy online. lol

Now my questions to u guys are What soundcard is good to buy or what should I be looking for in a soundcard. THis Tascam soundcard seemed more then a souncard because it had knobs and stuff on it. lol They didnt have the Numark NUO4 mixer but had the DXM06 or something. Is the DXM06 Mappable or not? Last but not least where can I find good deals online? Thanks!

DJ NAAMNAAM!

geposted Sun 29 Apr 07 @ 2:41 am
no Naam the DXM06 is not mappable. I have a DXM01usb, very simular mixer. And please for God's sake do not ask anyone at Guitar center anything!!! It has been my experience that they are just parrots, just spouting what they were told to push in the morning meetings. I am glad you are making headway in putting together your new system, it is a lot of fun selecting which piece to buy and then opening the boxes, enjoy my friend.

geposted Sun 29 Apr 07 @ 7:15 am
TearEmUp wrote :
no Naam the DXM06 is not mappable. I have a DXM01usb, very simular mixer. And please for God's sake do not ask anyone at Guitar center anything!!! It has been my experience that they are just parrots, just spouting what they were told to push in the morning meetings. I am glad you are making headway in putting together your new system, it is a lot of fun selecting which piece to buy and then opening the boxes, enjoy my friend.

i agree 100 %
xspecially guitar center! these guys aren't dj's .lol;

geposted Sun 29 Apr 07 @ 8:40 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The ICDX unit is not as bad as everyone is saying. Whats this nonsense that you have to push down on the platter blah blah... its the same as the cdj800s as well.

If your going to scratch I wouldn't bother with those little toys like the torque controller and xp10 or vestax vci. ICDX is the best scratch solution for midi contollers atm period.

If you really want to scratch like a pro obvious answer is Time coded solution and get yourself a midi mixer.

geposted Sun 29 Apr 07 @ 11:33 pm

geposted Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 2:45 am
The only equipment you should get, is the stuff that "works for you". Listen to what others have to say, and take notes about comments that concern you. Just because something does not work for others, does not mean it will not work for you. There is nothing wrong with Guitar Center, if that is the only place you have. You are going there for the hands on experience, not for DJ knowledge. Plus, they are not all the same. You may get lucky, and find a DJ that works there. You need to try the equipment out, and not just rely on what others have to say. As far as the sound card, you need to be more specific about what it is you want to do. Do you need internal, or external? How many inputs & outputs do you need. Do you need usb or firewire? Finally, do not be in a rush, because that is when we make mistakes. Sometimes, we don't even know what we want or need, until we see it.

geposted Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 5:14 am
That video is way too exaggerated... I own 2 icdx units and don't struggle as much as he does.
But I guess each to their own.

I'll upload a scratch video of the ICDX that I've been procrastinating about this week.

geposted Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 6:30 am
Ok thanks guys for all ur opinions and sugestions and I think ICDX will be a good choice since its not too expensive and can do the work i need it to do.

On the other hand I am still totally CLUELESS as to what soundcards I should be looking for when I got to these stores or even on the internet. I have no idea what the diff btw internal and external is? I am guessing internal is with the product and external is sperate from the product but and ICDX does not have a soundcard an i believe I need one with my mixers and all. Also please tell me what mixers that are out there can be mappable or are mappable? If u guys just help me out on this then the rest I can work out and start brining u that RADIO HEAT u guys have been looking for. lol

Thanks Again!
DJ Naamnaam!

geposted Tue 01 May 07 @ 4:48 am
Internal=inside External=outside whatever PC you are using. Personally I love my iCDXs, I own two, but to each their own.

geposted Tue 01 May 07 @ 5:12 am
Internal means inside the machine, it's plugged into a PCI slot. External means outside the machine, using a usb or firewire cable. Again, I urge you to get some hands on experience with what ever controller you buy. Money should not be the primary reason for your decision. Why spend money on something you will not be happy with? Believe me, it will affect your performance.

geposted Tue 01 May 07 @ 11:40 pm
I have 3 thousand dollers saved for this stuff lol. I can easily go buy pioneers if I wanted but the ICDXs r my choice. I just needa know what some good soundcards r internal or external doesnt matter. So if i got to the store and they have it then I will buy one of those that u guys tell me is good. Now the mixer also the same thing: Which ones are mappable? Thats it if u guys help me out with that then I should be set to go lol. Thanks alot for all ur help guys. I know its a bit time consuming but I wont let u down in the mixes lol.

PEACE!
DJ Naamnaam!

geposted Wed 02 May 07 @ 5:26 am
If you get the ICDX you dont really need a soundcard with multiple inputs unless your going to use timecoded vinyl/cd like the Serato SL1. The new numark dj io soundcard would be ideal.

I use the Soundblaster Audigy ZS notebook which I think is perfect. You can use it in ASIO mode which is IMPORTANT when picking a soundcard. It uses your pcmcia slot which isnt a loose connection like usb and also doesnt require its own power supply.

geposted Wed 02 May 07 @ 11:01 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)