Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Watch The DJ Plugin.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

This would be either really easy, or really hard. In the old days before I was using music videos, i would clone my DJ screen, to the second output, so the customers could watch what/how I was playing.

This would be real easy to create if you just (Somehow) grab the skin file and "Re-play" it on the video output. You could even alow the plugin to give people the option of selecting the skin you want to show on the TV screens, and wouldn't even need to be the same as the on the DJ is using!

Anyone else intrested in this, or want to have a shot at putting it together?

geposted Wed 02 May 07 @ 7:32 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
im not sure that is possible with a plugin

perhaps if you have two graphics cards or a dual headed card you could mirror vdj

and have the video window on another .

geposted Wed 02 May 07 @ 11:00 am
Just an idea really. The idea is, with a plugin you can turn it off and on, or have it showing when your playing mp3s.

I'm not sure that there is even a standalone programme out there that will read VDJ skin files, or if VDJ passes enough info back to the plugins to re-create the skins?

Unfortunatly to mirror the DJ screen requires that you change video card settings while running VDJ, to swap between normal VDJ video, and the Skin view. I would never touch my video card settings in the middle of a show, I have found out the hard way that the audio usually skips for a moment, while the video card changes settings, sometimes even worse!

geposted Wed 02 May 07 @ 11:24 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
would still need to change settings and cards with a plugin can only output one video per output

geposted Wed 02 May 07 @ 7:35 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Yes, it's possible... I don't know how, but with screen grabbers you just select the window you need (also buttons are windows in GUI applications). Anyway, screen grabbing will eat resources...

geposted Wed 02 May 07 @ 10:15 pm
or you could get a 3rd screen, and put a powered vga splitter between this and your main virtualdj screen.

geposted Fri 04 May 07 @ 1:51 am
This is a real low-tech idea, but thought i'd mention it anyway!

What about getting a webcam and pointing at the computer screen/the mixer/the decks/you/the crowd/etc. Then just set the web-cam to automatically activate when you play an mp3 file.

:)

geposted Fri 04 May 07 @ 12:43 pm
Unfortunatly my webcam takes too much juice from the cpu. I've also had trouble with the camera plugin.

geposted Sat 05 May 07 @ 2:14 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
andytaylor is probably on the right track if your not wanting to eat up any resources, but like anything its gonna cost you and the end effect will depend on how much your budget is and the effect you want out on the screens, this i would say is more geared to static installations or a mobile with some time spare at the beginning of the show. first off you will need an a/v source selector preferably with a 4-6 in and 1 output, with this you can chose say input 1 is vdj, input 2 camera facing onto dj and console, then input 3 camera facing audience, input 4 camera onto wherever you like or some other externall feed in, just press the input you want up on the screens, then to make it a 4 in 1 picture introduce a quad processor into the above system and you will get an impressive show on your screens around the club, the combinations and effects of the above are endless and with not much outlay for the club or operator.

Tayla

geposted Sat 05 May 07 @ 3:05 pm
if anybody wants more information or advice for the above on how to set it up (cctv & security systems is what we do) just give me a shout...

Tayla

geposted Sat 05 May 07 @ 3:16 pm
djcel

sorry don't understand computer language but if your saying you maybe able to develope the above for vdj without the baggage of the above i suppose you've already pictured what it would look like up on those screens....fantastic.....

Tayla

geposted Thu 10 May 07 @ 12:44 pm
Capturing the whole screen takes to much recources. Period. On a fast, new PC you want to run VDJ in high resolution, so the problem stays the same. You will also run into nasty feedback if you monitor the "virtual capture device" inside VDJ. The only way to make this work would be an internal "GUI Loopback" inside VDJ that shows up as input and only sends changes so there is no need to capture the whole screen 25/50 times per second. Otherwise you will need a video mixer (V4) or another PC with capture cards.

geposted Sat 12 May 07 @ 11:16 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)