Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: what computer for VIDEO????

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Ive been very happy with my PIII over the past few years playing 30-50 events a year.. music only. Now Im wanting to start working with video... and I need a new computer. The specks dont seam to be up to date on the VDJ site:

The minimum requirement to run Virtual DJ is:
PIII 850 MhZ computer
1024x768 SVGA video
DirectX compatible soundcard
512 MB RAM
20 MB free on the hard-drive

The recommended configuration is:
PIV 3 GhZ computer
1024x768 SVGA video
4.1 DirectX compatible soundcard (with front and rear separate outputs)
1024 MB RAM
200 MB free on the hard-drive

Im wanting to purchase a laptop... please send me in the right direction as to what I should be looking at to run a video dance. Im sure there must be thousands of postings.. I just haven’t come across them. Is having a duo processor a must??? I haven’t purchased a computer in over 4 years.. and things have changed!!!!!! NEEW SOME HELP here.. or a kick in the right direction!

Thanks so much,
Scottie

geposted Sat 12 May 07 @ 6:29 am
Dual core processor (Intel or AMD) is so common today and makes Virtual DJ run smooth.

The most important thing is the graphics card (for using video w/ VDJ).

Recommended hardware setup for Virtual DJ with video mixing is (in my opinion):

Geforce GO 7600 256 MB DEDICATED VIDEO RAM ,- or above
ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 256 MB DEDICATED VIDEO RAM ,- or above

When it says TurboCache, Intel GMA 950 or HyperMemory - WARNING SIGN! These cards share video ram with internal ram.

1024 INTERNAL RAM is ok, but twice that and you won't have any concern in lack of performance.

Other aspects of hardware is not that important. It is nice to have a 7200RPM harddrive, which is hard to get on common setups (5400RPM discs are common) but can be choosed where you have to option to choose specific components on a laptop you want to buy (DELL has that option for instance).

Good luck!

geposted Sat 12 May 07 @ 10:25 am
Im new to VDJ but have built my own desktop pc's. I just bought the AURORA M9700 from
Alienware.com. and waiting for it to arrive.These machines are built for gamers and use the Nvidea 7600 256 board on certain models.All said and done..with my upgrades..$2000 !
They can get a bit pricey..but I wont worry about it running VDJ software..thats for sure!
Overkill? probably..
Dell now owns them...I hear.

Somewhere else to look anyway....

http://www.alienware.com/product_pages/notebook_all_default.aspx

geposted Sat 12 May 07 @ 3:12 pm
deejay scottie wrote :
Ive been very happy with my PIII over the past few years playing 30-50 events a year.. music only. Now Im wanting to start working with video... and I need a new computer. The specks dont seam to be up to date on the VDJ site:
Thanks so much,
Scottie

Build your own compy.

It's not that difficult all you need are the components and a little patience to spend reading the manual.

This is my latest "Hot Rod"
http://www.memoryexpress.com/index.php?PageTag=&page=file&memx_menu=EmbedProductDetail.php&DisplayProductID=8384&SID=

that's the MOBO.
It has dual vga outs so it's prefect for video mixing.
I also have 2 GB of ram in to but it can handle up to four
athon dual core 3800+ cpu.
I use the 5.1 sound card on the board, as I don't use timecode.
Using vista
DAC 2

I've placed a video that I've made on here that I captured for youtube. It's compleatly done in VDJ right off this MOBO.

here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__mXBwQ5o3s

The abiltities of this MOBO come through in that vid - up to 5 video effects+audio mixing.

Total cost to me after parts and o/s purcahse: $1800.00 CAD

Money I consider well spent

geposted Sat 12 May 07 @ 6:50 pm
I love the mix you did with that...any chance of getting the name of the the first song in the beginning?
much appreciated
out

geposted Sat 12 May 07 @ 10:04 pm
Champion - No Heaven

thanks - mixing across vari-ing genres is fun

geposted Sun 13 May 07 @ 2:06 am

geposted Sun 13 May 07 @ 3:11 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
hi scottie,

Does it have to be a laptop? If so contact mp3rick he just got a new sony that runs video like a dream. I'm personally not ready to put much faith in laptops. You never really said what your budget would be either. Check out my blog for my current system picture (click on name)

geposted Sun 13 May 07 @ 3:42 pm
LINEMAN55 wrote :
Thanks DJMarcel.. you also did a mix here on Youetube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-lU5K9Gl7w

The names of the the first 2 songs is what i need....Thankyou sir!

GREAT mix on this one!

Song # 1 - Ice Cube Vs Sean Paul - Push your Shake That (Personal Mash Up)
Song # 2 - Usher - Yeah

glad you enjoyed it.

geposted Sun 13 May 07 @ 4:18 pm
i say avoid laptops also ......Marcel and Cyder are giving you some good advice

mine right now has a bad hd after only 11.5 months so awaiting the arrival of my new one under warranty

laptops can be twitchy, overheat and difficult to reconfigure, less usb and firewire ports than a desktop/rackmount/shuttle, etc

also take advantage of the opportunity and make the leap to vista

geposted Sun 13 May 07 @ 5:35 pm
Got it! thanks!

geposted Sun 13 May 07 @ 8:42 pm
LINEMAN55 wrote :
Got it! thanks!

Welcome

geposted Sun 13 May 07 @ 10:48 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)