Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Dead easy plugin... (maybe!)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi all,

Here's a thought I've been having; mixing videos without a hardware crossfader! Not exactly new, since you can click transitions to get some automation. I'd just like a straight crossfade (which looks really cool with all the nice new transitions that DJ Cel's been programming!)

All i want really is a couple of really simple plugins, one that moves the video crossfader from right to left, say over 4 beats of a song and another one to do the opposite!

Then we could set up a couple of shortcuts on the keyboard to make it dead easy! Start the audio mix, then at the right moment just press a button and the video side of things is sorted.

I'm sure that it would be pretty easy to program for somebody who knows how.

Anybody else think this would be useful!? (Especially in conjunction with the random transition plugin as well).

Andy.

PS- I've got a DAC-3 and this feature is already implemented on the jpboggis mapper :)

But unfortunately to get to it you have to press SHIFT + LOAD which isn't very easy to do with one hand while mixing, also, the fade isn't as smooth as I'd really like.

geposted Thu 17 May 07 @ 11:34 pm
The automatic video transitions in the DAC-3 mapper aren't smooth because of the default 1/10th second resolution of timer event in the plugin SDK. This gives 10 frames per second updates - Atleast 25fps is required for smooth motion (As used for film in cinemas.)

In my new Numark DMC-2 mapper, I have implemented a separate 1/100th second timer thread that allows for super smooth video transitions. The DMC-2 also has dedicated video crossfading buttons that give you complete control over video crossfading. You can also fade audio too, or alternatively have two video crossfades at different speeds.

geposted Fri 18 May 07 @ 3:40 am
Hi, thanks for the info.

I hope you didn't take offence, it certainly wasn't meant as a dig at the DAC3 mapper (use it every week, really does add a lot of value to the program).

The new features on the DMC2 mapper sound very cool, might have to start saving up!

I was thinking about trying to program the plug-in myself in a few months if nobody else had (got university exams at the moment). But from the sounds of things then, I'd wouldn't be able to make it any smoother than the one on the dac3?

Thanks again.

geposted Sat 19 May 07 @ 2:22 am
No offence taken.

I'd recommend buying a DMC-2 if you can - It has many advantages over the DAC-3, including finer pitch resolution, text displays and more VDJ-orientated button functions.

If you were to program a plugin yourself, you would still have this limitation unless you do what I have done with the DMC-2 mapper and implement a higher speed timer.

The only other way to get smoother transitions is to make them take longer (Which you can do in the DAC-3 mapper) - E.g: An 8-beat transition will be twice as smooth as 4 beat.

geposted Sat 19 May 07 @ 7:49 pm
Thanks for the extra info there.

Good point about longer fades as well- I'll notch it up a bit. Hadn't occurred to me before because I assumed that it was the number of steps that was small, rather than the update period.

The only thing about the DMC-2 is jumping between cue points on the fly; I haven't checked the layout closely yet. When I'm mixing I'll often have a few cue points set (start of intro, first beat, break, and outro) and mix in the break then jump to the start of the song by bashing the four cue point buttons at the right moment- do you know how easy this is on the DMC2?

Cheers :)

geposted Sun 20 May 07 @ 2:15 am
I was just thinking to myself that I'd wait for you to release this new DMC2 mapper until i decide what to do...

...and there it is! Nice one. Might download it and read the manual, see if i can convince myself to cough up £300 for one.

geposted Sun 20 May 07 @ 2:32 am
The DMC-2 has two dedicated Hot Cue buttons - In my mapper, these allow access to cue points 1 & 2, and if WHEELMODE is held down, 3 & 4.

Also, you can optionally change the function of the loop buttons (There are 8 of them) so that these are cues rather than loops.

geposted Sun 20 May 07 @ 8:25 pm
Cheers for that.

:)

geposted Mon 21 May 07 @ 12:20 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)