Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: MAPPING TROUBLE

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi.

I'm fiddling around with VDJ at them moment, trying to use it in new ways etc. One thing I am having fun AND trouble with is the mapping. In general it can be somewhat confusing as the description of each map-able feature is so sparse.

Specifically I am having trouble mapping a button to decrease/increase loop-size, like the arrow/triangle shaped buttons next to the "1/4, 1/2, 1, 2" etc buttons in the original (internal mixer) skin. I can't find the option that does this. I mean the obvious choice would be Loop size, but that only seem to set the loop at one size depending on the parameter it is given... Can anyone help/explain how i can map a button/key to decrease loopsize by a half or increase by twice the size of the existing loop.

And, sice we're at it: I really think there should be an in depth tutorial/manual om mapping both as a downloadable pdf (or part of the manual), and/or as a sticky thread in the forum.

geposted Tue 29 May 07 @ 1:19 am
uh, and what is the deal with relative and absloute parameters? Oh, and what about the checkbox next to the parameter box? What is that for?

The whole explanation on the mapping of the loop funktion is hard for me to understand. English is not my native language, but somehow I expect that the native language of the person who wrote that instruction isn't English eihter...

geposted Tue 29 May 07 @ 2:12 am
What a nice little two way monologue I'm having here. Anyway. Figured it out. Setting the parameter to -1 and +1 will decrease og increase the loop length. Why on earth doesn't it say so in the explanation?! I had to load a skin xml into wordpad to find the right parameter...

geposted Tue 29 May 07 @ 11:35 pm
hehe ;)

yeah the mapper is damn powerful, you can make macros too (asign several functions to a key)

but should be better explained the values and such.. true

geposted Wed 30 May 07 @ 12:10 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)