Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Cue VS Rane - Page: 2

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
*sigh* the whole 'which program has better sound quality' arguement again.

How about a real life test. Play the same song from both programs while you DJ'ing at a party, and call up random people and ask them which sounds better. Bottom line is, the crowd actually doesn't care at all, and thats what the majority of us use the program for; performances.

In other words, choosing a program over 'sound quality' doesnt really have justification, unless you simply using the program permanently alone at home.

As well as saying that loosing 'hands down' is quite an exaggeration, even to audiophiles such as myself. Sure, you can notice a difference between VDJ and even Winamp, but reality is, it's not something that even crosses my mind when switching between the two.

As for SSL, I'm not sure if you are aware that it will support video very soon? Check out Youtube demos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pib5wN0UH2c

*keep in mind that depending on your computer setup, one program may be biased on one particular setup as compared to another. Same story with other software.

geposted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 5:05 pm
Niems wrote :
*sigh* the whole 'which program has better sound quality' arguement again.

don't really care mane.

Quote :
How about a real life test. Play the same song from both programs while you DJ'ing at a party, and call up random people and ask them which sounds better. Bottom line is, the crowd actually doesn't care at all, and thats what the majority of us use the program for; performances.

very tru for push button djs & the general public. but when your a turntabilist its different.

Quote :
As well as saying that loosing 'hands down' is quite an exaggeration, even to audiophiles such as myself.

if your an audiophile it shouldn't be an exaggeration..it should be a fact.

Quote :
Sure, you can notice a difference between VDJ and even Winamp, but reality is, it's not something that even crosses my mind when switching between the two.

you don't notice a difference with mp3 files between winamp & serato......you must be a push button dj, thats y it doesn't cross your mind.

Quote :
As for SSL, I'm not sure if you are aware that it will support video very soon? Check out Youtube demos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pib5wN0UH2c

it will have support for the 57 (@ least beta) next month:
http://www.skratchworx.com/news3/comments.php?id=687

Quote :
*keep in mind that depending on your computer setup, one program may be biased on one particular setup as compared to another. Same story with other software.

but of course

not trying to argue here just pointing out what I know....others that know this aswell will also respect it. currently I use both...one for audio & one for video. Obviously theres reasons y I use serato for audio. y would i bother using both when one can do it all = because one can't do it as well as the other. I only use vdj because of the video capabilities. Once thats gone what will bring me back? Karaoke...nah. But I always will have it....so hopefully vdj has taken the constructive critism & used it wisely from the more knowlegable djs on this board. Vdj's next release will be one that will make up alot of peoples minds up.

good luck to vdj & serato. I'm just a consumer that wants a better product from both parties.

geposted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 6:09 pm
Would have been a big help if you had indicated the fact you only use it for scratching :?

geposted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 7:13 pm
I've done a test with some VERY respected DJs, and they all say that VDJ is ALL as good as SSL regarding sound, and regarding tracking and vinyl feel it can even be better that SSL, if you use the right hardware.

VDJ can have as low as 3-4ms latency with the right cards (delta 44 and similar) and even lower with pro PCI cards. So what some are saying above is just pure b** :) sorry to say

SSL has a latency of 8-11ms generally, and all up to 25ms on most system, because its locked to ONE soundcard, that is not internal, and not even the best card there is for external use.
But not saying that SSL dont work good, it does.

Just saying its pretty damn stupid to compare VDJ with some cheap PC card, or even the "hacked" SSL box (NOT optimal drivers) to SSL with a box that cost lots.
Buy a REAL good soundcard, or use the Numark box, and VDJ works better than SSL in many respects, as K-One says above (also him doing testing with djs ).

Now, I know that there are things to improve in VDJ too, not saying its perfect. Such as for example super small scratch samples (as Funkturnal has posted in other thread).

Coke or Pepsi ? Both software are good...
But some of the arguments above, is plain wrong and silly too.

Coke might taste better than Pepsi for some, and others like Pepsi better than Coke.
But saying Coke is not performing as good thirst relief as Pepsi, is of course just silly :)

But if someone prefer SSL over VDJ thats perfectly allowed too, just fork up the lots of money for that expensive card, and you can buy it at Seratos forum ;) Best of luck with looping, live sampler, skin change, controller use and all the other neat things that SSL do NOT have;)

geposted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 9:21 pm

By the way, Numark VV (VDJ), was just recently reviewed by the dj bible and nr1 magazine for DJs in Europe, by their very skilled and respected test lab.

VDJ got exactly the same score as SSL, and 5/5 for sound quality

Ranking VDJ and SSL, both, as the very best solution there is.

And they gave VDJ far better value for money than SSL... go figure;) hehe

geposted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 9:23 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
here we go again.. coke or pepsi? hehe:)))))

geposted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 9:25 pm

I like Coke ;) Red hot logo... reminds me of a dj software I like ...hehe

geposted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 9:28 pm
I like beer.

Molson, Labatts, Sleeman

Coke and Pepsi can hang out with the kids.

VDJ works damn well for me. Does what I tell it to.

Didn't like Serato.
Didn't like PCDJ (well ok I liked pcdj red 5.1)
Didn't like Tractor
Didn't like DJDecks

ad nausium..........

geposted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 9:32 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yeah coke (VDJ) all the way... :P

geposted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 9:34 pm
Norway here to save the day!

geposted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 9:40 pm
theres just way too much to compare. serato just works even with the average computer user. vdj sure doesn't....it took me a while to get mine going correctly & I am by no means a average computer user.

like i said i'm not here to start a battle.. but when people ask questions i give them my honest answer. Its cool that u have a bunch of followers that don't have a mind of their own....but thats not me. I have way too much expierience to pass off bad info.

Quote :
VDJ can have as low as 3-4ms latency with the right cards (delta 44 and similar) and even lower with pro PCI cards. So what some are saying above is just pure b** :) sorry to say

I use the delta 44 m8. Its funny how the slider in vdj says "4ms" but it feels like setting 8 on serato (now this setting is not ms, but serato users know what i'm saying) on the same machine i use vdj on (flawlessly by the way) my serato setting is 2. I can have it on 0 (all the way to the left) but I don't like runing software to the max.

like I've stated I haven't used the 3rd gen vinyl nor the virtual vinyl box (but these arguments have made b4 these products were made available) I might one day buy the virtual vinyl....but only when I see respectable people that I have repor with on this board that I know have a clue what they're talking about...& of course a turntablist aswell.

Quote :

Now, I know that there are things to improve in VDJ too, not saying its perfect. Such as for example super small scratch samples (as Funkturnal has posted in other thread).

yes...I'm hoping your next release will fix these long awaited problems that other users have been trying to explain to the push button djs.

Quote :
But saying Coke is not performing as good thirst relief as Pepsi, is of course just silly :)

do u mean y i would use one for audio & one for video? I use one for video because its not available yet on serato. I would of never even found out about this board if it wasn't for my interest in mixing videos. Samples, effects are cool but if I wanted it that bad I would of bought a efx500 a long time ago. its cool to have but mixing is my priority.

Quote :
Best of luck with looping, live sampler, skin change, controller use and all the other neat things that SSL do NOT have;)

ha...enjoy it while u can because all these things won't be tru for much longer.

serato:

looping = yes (i perfer looping in serato WAYYYYYY better then vdj)
live sampler = no
skin change = no
controller = yes (1.8) right around the corner...but me I've been using the trigger finger with bomes midi for a month now. so yes u can use controllers with serato.

u know serato might come out with video & it will suck....but with the reputation they have built (its VERY doubtful)

Quote :
I've done a test with some VERY respected DJs

even the best of the best don't know everything

its coming. i hope ya'll have a release coming soon.

BTW I like Yuengling

Funk here to lead not follow...when vdj is ready I will pull it.

geposted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 10:24 pm
funkturnal wrote :

like I've stated I haven't used the 3rd gen vinyl nor the virtual vinyl box

duh! ding ding... ;) hehe

THAT is what I'm talking about... 3rd gen vinyls and a good card.
Works as good as SSL, or even better... in many respects. NO doubt what so ever...

If you cant get VDJ to work that way, sorry to hear... But most others can, and testify to the same as I do. VDJ 4.x with 3rd gen vinyls and good soundcard ROCKS! ;)

But if SSL works better for you, use SSL ;)

geposted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 10:36 pm
"very tru for push button djs & the general public. but when your a turntabilist its different"

I guess "turntabilist" (please check spelling), are playing to Vulcan's or some higher life form, not the "general public". Every time I hear that term, I laugh. Keep telling yourself you are different, and maybe you will convince yourself. Watch out, don't push any of those laptop buttons, someone may see you. All of us "push button DJs" should just stop fronting, and get out of the way of the "turntabilist" (did I spell that correctly)? I am laughing so hard, I gotta go pee.

geposted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 10:42 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
"very tru for push button djs & the general public. but when your a turntabilist its different"

I guess "turntabilist" (please check spelling), are playing to Vulcan's or some higher life form, not the "general public". Every time I hear that term, I laugh. Keep telling yourself you are different, and maybe you will convince yourself. Watch out, don't push any of those laptop buttons, someone may see you. All of us "push button DJs" should just stop fronting, and get out of the way of the "turntabilist" (did I spell that correctly)? I am laughing so hard, I gotta go pee.

damn, u are always the person that takes a left turn. I have never stated theres is anything wrong with push button djs (you take it that way) god knows i was playing cds before serato or cdjs came out. If i'm not touching the laptop, i'm touching the trigger finger or moving the mouse....so i guess u can call me a pushbutton dj that uses turntables. u think my feelings get hurt? c'mon man stay on track.

spelling?

well i'm a dj not relly woryed bout me punkchewation or selling.

maybe try a teachers lounge for that.

geposted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 10:53 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
funkturnal wrote :

like I've stated I haven't used the 3rd gen vinyl nor the virtual vinyl box

Quote :
duh! ding ding... ;) hehe

but before these products were made available everyone on this board tried making the same statements....but they weren't tru

[quote]If you cant get VDJ to work that way, sorry to hear

u of all people should know I have no problem with latency with vdj. but when comparisons come in I have to state what i know (theres no way for anyone to know unless u are a turntabilist)

Quote :
But if SSL works better for you, use SSL ;)

this will all depend on video....just giving heads up to people who need it.

geposted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 10:54 pm

I dont know your agenda with this Funky, seems odd to say the least;)

You of all know that TIMECODE ENGINE was totally rewritten for 4.x , and you very well know we releases NEW vinyls (3rd gen). Now, that PLAIN OUT says it was IMPROVED, and of course better than previous releases... So dont know why you keep reffering to earlier version of VDJ compared to SSL.

All have totally acknowledged VDJ needed an improvement, and it was delivered in 4.x
- Brand new HQ soundengine
- Brand new timecode engine
- New timecode vinyls
- New master tempo
etc

All these came out of needed improvements, and is why it was released for 4.x

Now, the continent of Europes Nr1 turntablis magazine called DJ mag gives VDJ 5/5 ... But they are probably just fools..

there is also currently some World known DMC champions that switched from SSL to VDJ, and they will all be presented very soon, a list of DJs that is VERY impressive.. I guess they dont know any better either.

Come'on man.. ;) Its almost like you're trying to say that we dont have VDJ... reality check, we do.. and all that have VDJ working on a good setup, knows that it works GREAT ;)
'

And if you are reffering to earlier releases, well, you're right.. it needed improvements, but its done .

And saying looping works better in SSL than VDJ?! Holy crap... Now I'm rolling on the floor laughing too ;)

some things you say are good valid points, but you turn left so quick yourself, and come across as plain promo post for SSL, with statements that make no sense :)

As said, I dont know your agenda, but if you're trying to say you love SSL, why dont you go to the SSL forum and praise the developers there ;)

Let the rest of us have our fun with VDJ... damn love that MixLab skin DJ Format made, and will switch to a turntable skin later on... Oh, damn.. SSL only have one skin and only works with one soundcard.. wow, cool... Btw, try timecode cd and SSL on a PC for a laugh...

Have fun mixing...

I feel the thirst for a Coke... ;)

geposted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 11:09 pm
dj-in-norway

I am about to buy the Numark Virtual Vinyl with sound card and timecode vinyl
Will it have the new time code record or will there be a way for me to find out?

geposted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 11:36 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :

I dont know your agenda with this Funky, seems odd to say the least;)

just pointing some stuff out....anything wrong with that? ;)

Quote :
You of all know that TIMECODE ENGINE was totally rewritten for 4.x you very well know we releases NEW vinyls (3rd gen). Now, that PLAIN OUT says it was IMPROVED

yes so I've heard. I've never used the 3.x versions so 4.x is all I know. but I did alot of research before I got on the wagon.

but even 6th gen vinyls won't change the way the sound engine sounds ;) (thats y earlier I said timecode put aside)

Quote :
All have totally acknowledged VDJ needed an improvement, and it was delivered in

I know your one of the guys

Quote :
Now, the continent of Europes Nr1 turntablis magazine called DJ mag gives VDJ 5/5 ... But they are probably just fools..

c'mon now...now your being silly....thats like expecting a gm car being a top seller in japan

Quote :
there is also currently some World known DMC champions that switched from SSL to VDJ, and they will all be presented very soon, a list of DJs that is VERY impressive..

can't wait to see that list.

Quote :
I guess they dont know any better either.

your being "silly" norway

Quote :
Come'on man.. ;) Its almost like you're trying to say that we dont have VDJ... reality check

currently you do

Quote :
all that have VDJ working on a good setup, knows that it works GREAT ;)

I'm one of them

Quote :
And if you are reffering to earlier releases, well, you're right.. it needed improvements, but its done .

I only know about the ones I read

Quote :
And saying looping works better in SSL than VDJ?! Holy crap... Now I'm rolling on the floor laughing too ;)

this is how i feel...your laughing @ what...the smart loop? I personally like to put loops where they go.....& being able to adjust them manually is great. Using the loop shift ehhh doesn't really cut it. but if youran autolooper...have @ it.

Quote :
some things you say are good valid points, but you turn left so quick yourself, and come across as plain promo post for SSL, with statements that make no sense :)

makes alot of sense...thats y i quote everything. i'm not promoing them. trust me when i'm on the serato board I do the same thing but with the tables the other way around. Theres people that talk smack there about vdj then I will point out all the great things that vdj has to offer.

Quote :
As said, I dont know your agenda, but if you're trying to say you love SSL, why dont you go to the SSL forum and praise the developers there ;)

I'm there everyday aswell, haven't seen you in a while though.

Quote :
Let the rest of us have our fun with VDJ

well us would include me too!

Quote :
... damn love that MixLab skin DJ Format made, and will switch to a turntable skin later on... Oh, damn.. SSL only have one skin and only works with one soundcard.. wow, cool...

i think I'll get over it ;)

Quote :
Btw, try timecode cd and SSL on a PC for a laugh...

whats wrong with it.....I was just using it yesterday on cdjs. if u want something to laugh about....laugh @ the fact that you have to hit the play button on vdj after you load a song.

now my ass is roliing on the floor...don't be mad just having fune mane!

Quote :
Have fun mixing...

I always do!

[/quote]

geposted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 11:40 pm
funkturnal wrote :

this is how i feel...your laughing @ what...the smart loop? I personally like to put loops where they go.....& being able to adjust them manually is great. Using the loop shift ehhh doesn't really cut it. but if youran autolooper...have @ it.

Whats up with you man? Are you trying to say that VDJ cant set manual loops, or adjust and shift the loops ? Well, then you need to start learning the program..

Or are you trying to put me down as a dj and the rest of us, as "button djs" and "smart loop auto-clickers" ????

Newsflash for you man, I use TIMECODE and use MANUAL loops... And so do many others.

This is why I dont get you, like your on some agenda..
That we all are stupid djs using auto features, while you yourself is a great turntablist dj... lol.
Mac should suit you fine, fits your attitude

Get of your high horse man! ;) lol... You start to sound like the djs on the SSL forum.. Oh, forgot, you are one.. hehe

LOTS of us are proffesional djs mixing in the same respect as you, or any SSL user for that sake...

Man, get of the SSL forum, you starting to sound like them.... its bad. Seriously.

Get back to being the cool dude you used to be, and stop putting down your fellow djs, regardless of what solution they use. Lots of the djs using VDJ is FAR better than you... ;)

Hope its a transitional periond, your welcome back as your old cool self any time you wanna... Hope to see you then... ;)

geposted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 11:58 pm
Put a Nail in this one. It's done

geposted Wed 06 Jun 07 @ 12:02 am
33%