Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Spinnin' Nationally

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Out of all the people on here, what's the biggest gig that you've ever had a chance to work on?
Honest answers... I'll start. None. I wanna get into it but buying the equipments are way too expensive for me to buy. It's sad.

So what's your biggest gig ever?

geposted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 7:20 pm
Check blog, latest entry: Pinksterfestival :)

And to work at: Ansarat, i did stage lights there for a part of the evening

geposted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 8:46 pm
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
I played to my Fiancee and her friend last week.

I thought I was brill

geposted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 10:30 pm
opened for 50 cent concert in new york, 3,000 people strong

geposted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 10:52 pm
wow... any pics for that?

college formal, 300 people max

geposted Wed 06 Jun 07 @ 5:56 am
im only starting out but im djing international day in Australia, next week so it should be pretty awesome

geposted Wed 06 Jun 07 @ 7:22 am
DJ BigMark, CONGRATs to you man! that must've been pretty awesome being able to pull that through!

PFD & DJ Fresh ever want to have a bigger gig than the ones y'll had the chance to work on?

Did you guys know that YarisVSYaris is calling out all DJs (& sneaker designers) to battle it out to get your break. If you know your mixes are good, submit your original mix to www.yarisvsyaris.com and tell your buddies to vote for you! Don't matter where you live 'cause if you win, they'll fly you out to Chicago and get the chance to meet DJ Clark Kent, Kenzo & more.

geposted Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 7:21 pm
how do you do that?

geposted Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 8:23 pm
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
Biggest gig must have been "VG Lista Topp20 - Rådghusplassen" in Oslo sentrum 2005.
About 70.000(!) people that year...This is a show hosted by Norway's biggest newspaper and the official single chart(sort of like "Top of the Pops")
I did some "in between artist dj'ing"..nothing huge for me though, since I wasn't advertised or mentioned in the offical program..hehe
(Btw, more then 100.000 was attending last year, and about 130,000 is expected this summer. I'll see if I can get an opening again)

Almost equally big was playing at "Summer Parade" in Oslo. I would guess somewhere in between 40-60.000 people.
The only problem with gigs like that is that you kinda "drown in the crowd" as a lot of DJ's and artists are doing their thing at the same show.

Most fun gig on the other hand must have been DJ'ing before and under Fatman Scoop's live show in Oslo.
He's a real funny guy, and wheter you like his music or not, he really know how to move a crowd...

geposted Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 8:38 pm
SoundsHeavenly wrote :

PFD & DJ Fresh ever want to have a bigger gig than the ones y'll had the chance to work on?

I would love the chance to rock a big crowd. I have been into the Rave/Disco/House/Clubbing scene for almost 20 years now so I think I know what makes a crowd go off on one.

Heading to Ibiza soon and I know that most of the music will be a huge disappointment as the current trend for minimal techo and electro makes for boring nights. I am sure given an hour or two in any club anywhere I would make people happy.

geposted Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 2:48 pm
PFD & DJ Fresh, You can submit your mixes for the DC & Chicago dates at www.yarisversusyaris.com.

For anyone who else is interested, try it out. Opportunities like this doesn't come out often so take advantage of it.

Anyone else going to try out for it?

geposted Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 7:34 pm
I DJ for 800-2200 people every weekend.

Nightclub Capacity - 500, with pup crawlers, people bar hopping, and leaving and coming back - There's a lot of foot traffic - Plus it's located in Edmonton's "strip"

geposted Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 8:41 pm
SoundsHeavenly wrote :
PFD & DJ Fresh, You can submit your mixes for the DC & Chicago dates at www.yarisversusyaris.com.

For anyone who else is interested, try it out. Opportunities like this doesn't come out often so take advantage of it.

Anyone else going to try out for it?

Bit far to travel from Bonny Scotland. Maybe I will post a link when I have uploaded some stuff

geposted Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 8:55 pm
PFD50 - I'm not sure about the distance thing and how they're going to work with that but submit your mix... You never know on what can happen, right?

Anyone else down to submit their mixes to Yaris?

geposted Wed 13 Jun 07 @ 10:13 pm
I am on it now. The yanks won't know what hit them

geposted Wed 13 Jun 07 @ 11:02 pm
haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I don't get big gigs.... :-(

I am a part timer,

hahaha

geposted Thu 14 Jun 07 @ 12:53 am
haz0rd, doesn't matter if you're a full-timer or a part-timer... a DJ is a DJ, right? Have some faith in yourself man! This battle is going to be real fun... having the chance to fly out to Chicago... meeting DJ Clark Kent & a cash prize... can't get anymore chill than that, right?

PFD50, I wish you luck! Let me know how that went!

Only if I knew how to actually spin... I would submit myself :(

geposted Thu 14 Jun 07 @ 1:37 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
ya know Sounds....there are several DJs here in Chicago the are also VDJ users..you should look some of us up...

geposted Thu 14 Jun 07 @ 1:45 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)