Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: internet explorer question

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

i've been getting one of those indecipherable error messages about half the time when i close internet explorer..... it's version 5 yes .....5 not 6 not 7 .....that is what was on my recovery disc when i installed my new hard drive and reinstalled xp media center edition ......

today i was playing audio (only) in other software and disconnected my internet connection without closing internet explorer first ......

then the music froze !? .......windows did not crash but i couldn't get the music back without rebooting...... so i rebooted and the boot hung also ????? then i shut down again, did a cold reboot and everything was fine ......

can internet explorer take everything down like that ??? i'm wondering if such an old copy of internet explorer can object to other more modern things in the system and cause a major problem ??

geposted Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 5:37 am
Yes it can. The thing you have to realize is that Internet Explorer isn't just one contained program. It is a collection of modules that all work together. Do yourself a favor and upgrade, or better yet, just use Firefox which is a little more secure.

geposted Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 5:43 am
thanks.....yeah i have been thinking about firefox......

i wonder if i can still use my vdj radio toolbar ??

geposted Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 10:38 am
Thats why they call it "Internet Exploder" :0
Firefox all the way!

geposted Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 1:41 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)