Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Live Broadcast

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I'm trying to get the live broadcast to work ,

Virtual DJ says that my broadcast server is running and that I can listen by connecting to :
http://70.189.137:8000/VirtualDJ.ogg

however when ever I try to get people to go to that URL it times out and there is nothing'
I've tried changing the format setting to Shoucast MP3 and it says the same thing for
http://70.189.137:8000/VirtualDJ.mp3

For a server im Broadcasting from my own Computer .

Is there something im missing why this isn't working.
I'm not really smart with this type of thing.

geposted Sat 23 Jun 07 @ 10:24 pm
That doesn't look like a valid ip address, could you double check it and post back the correct one please. If Virtual DJ is telling you that, go to www.whatismyip.com

geposted Sat 23 Jun 07 @ 10:36 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
thats a class A ip adress but its missing the last part of the host id

do you use a router?

geposted Sun 24 Jun 07 @ 12:48 am
I have a wireless router yes ,
when i went to the what is my ip address it said my ip is
70.189.184.137:8000

geposted Sun 24 Jun 07 @ 9:46 am
in your router you need to look for an option called "portforwarding"

or static routes , you need to add the rule to forward port 80 to the outside world or you cannot broadcast

geposted Sun 24 Jun 07 @ 11:41 am
I'm experienceing the same issue.
Although I'm using a non-wireless router

A D-link DI-604 router.

No drivers or control panel came with it.

geposted Sun 24 Jun 07 @ 7:54 pm
You need to forward ports when using a router. Look on your router manufacturers website for instructions. It is often called: Port Forwarding; Virtual Servers; NAT and other things.

If you are using a wireless router you may have to connect to your routers control panel via a wired ethernet/usb connection. With a wired connection you should be OK to connect from any machine.

Common router IP addresses are: 10.0.0.2; 192.168.1.1; 192.168.1.254. To find out your routers address open up a new command prompt and type 'ipconfig'. The gateway address is your routers address. Most routers will have a username and password, this can be obtained by a google search of from your manufacturers website. Common examples are: admin/password.

geposted Mon 25 Jun 07 @ 10:26 am
the ip adress on most routers , the password and the mac adress is on a sticker on the base.

if you acidentaly changed the password , or it doesnt seem to match what the internet says you can force reset it usualy

on the base of most routers is a reset switch that restores factory settings, including the password

geposted Mon 25 Jun 07 @ 10:34 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)