Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: shoutcast/braodcasting/router.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

here's my hic-cup.

I want to test broadcast to my freinds.

I typed my router's adress into netwrok sync. along with ports 1 thru 5.

I called D-link's customer support and they helped me open ports in my router for shoutcastmp3.

Is the router ready to go?

Which web address do I type in the network sync?

Why does VDJ bradcast only give me

http://:8000/virtualdj.mp3 as my address link?

geposted Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 5:13 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 10:18 am
okay I have a full address now.

I'll experiment again later tonight.

geposted Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 1:57 pm
I'm getting the same problem, but I don't know what's up with it. I was thinking it was my ISP as we have some free one for now until I move house in September, but my Teamspeak server (port 8767) works fine. When I tried setting up a Shoutcast server independently from VDJ after the VDJ one not being contactable from the WAN side on 8000 it still did not work. Any ideas Sky?

geposted Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 2:58 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
how curious , i investigate :)

geposted Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 3:02 pm
Okay All I had time this morning was to change the IP in the netwrok sync tab. It didn't dawn on me untill I got to work this morning that the address showing in VDJ's recording/shoutcast address was the same as my router address.

So will people be able to connect to my "router" and be able to hear anything?

Just trying to head off problems before they start.

geposted Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 4:53 pm
You don't need to adjust anything in the network sync tab. That's for mixing across several PCs. All you need to do is find out your computers local IP address using ipconfig and forward TCP port 8000 to this local address.

To test if it works properly (once your VDJ server is running) just use this address:
http://www.flyproxy.com/nph-proxy.pl/010110A/http/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8000/VirtualDJ.mp3

(where you replace xxx with your ip address)

geposted Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 4:58 pm
Just a quick ammendment to my above post. You need to forward port 8000-8001 TCP and UDP. Mine is working now after restarting my network connection (strainge!) although Virtual DJ still can't resolve my address somehow. But if you try connecting the above way you'll know if you've done it right or not.

geposted Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 5:32 pm
OKay I'm at a loss. I cannot get VDJ to allow connections - or even find out if it is even broadcasting.

I opened ports in my router - typed in my web addresss everywhere I could find.

Does somebody want to come onto messenger with me and explain how to do this?

I have NO CLue how to forward ports

Is that my problem?

I need a simplile set of instructions:

go here:, click this, type that, reboot , whatever - but frustration is setting in.

Third day of trying and no results.

geposted Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 3:18 am
If you add me to msn (on my pitiful excuse for a blog) and wouldn't mind opening up remote assistance (easier to work when both parties can see the screen!) then I'll help you out.

geposted Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 3:28 am
Andrew87 wrote :
If you add me to msn (on my pitiful excuse for a blog) and wouldn't mind opening up remote assistance (easier to work when both parties can see the screen!) then I'll help you out.

I would like to thank andrew for his remote assistance.

I got some incompleat advice from d-link and he helped sort it out.

Much relief.

I'm gonna turn on some Jimi Hendrix - light some incence and smoke a fine Dominican Republic DAVIDOFF Cigar.

Cheers to all!!

geposted Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 4:07 am
marlonbPRO InfinityMember since 2007
i have tried broadcasting with no success, read the manual and i am still coming up empty, anyone has a step by step way of doing this.

geposted Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 2:59 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)