Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Problems With Setup

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have Virtual DJ 4.2 and i am using M-audio connectiv interface. M-audio connective drivers has not passed microsoft. I have everything hooked up well but i cannot get one side of my turntables to read time code quality. Maybe the drivers on the M-audio needs to be improved ....? virtual Dj has too much in setup . I have seen the rane serato and the setup is easy. All you do is hook it up 123. Virtual dj has too many configurations. The more you have the harder it is to figure out what to do when you have a problem because its either do this or that and none seem to work

geposted Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 10:08 pm
i'm not good at this but i'll try to help......i think skyfxl has a topic on tcv ....try his blog

i believe you are supposed to untick overclock and safemode , also select auto for latency ....

try m audio for help also ... this is a great forum but it can be thinly populated on weekends .......good luck

geposted Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 11:04 pm
The setings you are telling are for only bringing the record back to beggining. What is the setting for the computer to show timecoded quality ? I tried two computers and they are both the same. One side shows 100 percent timecoded quality and the other shows O % . i switched around the turntable wire to the side that says O % and get the same thing. Atyleast i know its not the turntable. when i connect my pioneer cdj to the side that doesnt read, then i see it reading time coded qaulity at 100 % . I dont know what the hell it is but i have over 2 hours trying figure out what it is and i am still dont know. I uninstalled the M-audio sound card drivers then i reinstalled it back again. Is there anything in windows that i have to configure for both side to read 100 %. ?

geposted Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 12:50 am
are the turntables both grounded ?

geposted Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 1:00 am
Here is my setup. I have 2 technics 1200s and the cable of turntable 1 is going into input 1 of the M-audio conncetiv. Turntable 2 is in input 2 of conncetive. Both tables are grounded on the Connective. The M-Audio has either phono or line. I have both on phone. When i opne up virtual dj 4.2 and load up a song, they booth play when i drop the needle on each side. When i go to Vinyl configuration,i can only see that one side show time code quality at 100 %. The other side shows O %. I am trying to figure out how can i get both side to read the time code quality because on e side is not work. I can see the red and the green lines move up and down. I hooked up my Pioneer CDJ to the same side that doesnt read the time coded quality and it works with the cd but not the turntable. There is not problem with the actualy turntable. I hooked it up to the other side and it works. I am only having trouble trying to pick up the time code quality. I switched the inputs back and forth and still the same. I uninstalled and reinstalled the connective drivers and still the same. Whats are the settings in windows or configurations ?

geposted Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 1:23 am
under inputs are you on 2 timecodes ??

geposted Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 1:40 am
I am on time codes. One side is working and reads 100 % time code. The other side shows activity with the red and green lines but O% on time quality. Il will be patient for a few more days, if i cant get it to work then i will sell to get the serato. I have a DAC 3 with a numark CM200 USB and laptop and it works fine. I have a denon 6000 and it works fine with time coded cds. I have a pioneer cdj 1000 and it works fine with time coded cds. Tuntables = a big time headache. I uninstalled and reinstalled the M-Audio interface drivers and change settings and back . What gets me mad is that, why cant virtual DJ come up with there own interface instead of everyone buying from another company. Doesnt that sound stupid. Rane serato has there own inteface. M-audio has there own, final scratch has there own and many companys as well. You buy Virtual dj and then you have to do research for ther right interface.

geposted Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 3:13 am
i wish i could help you more ... they do have an all in one solution like you mentioned but it's the hercules mk2

i wouldn't quit .... i have had some frustrations too but i still think it has been worth it to me

adding video to what i do has been great and i have slowly but surely become more and more of a fan of the great skins and plugins

there is no forum out there for dj's half as good as this .........

geposted Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 3:46 am
The all-in-one solution for Virtual DJ is called Numark Virtual Vinyl, maybe you should try that. In the meantime I hope someone will assist you, or you could contact support (http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/).

geposted Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 5:09 pm
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
Have you tried changing your pick-up/needle around? It might be that one is more worn than the other. Also, check to see if there is a connection problem. Simple plug your turntable nr 2 into input one and vise versa to check if the problem moves or still stays at one side.
A thing I noticed that is important to get good timecode signal is to adjust the tone-arm height correctly. If my TT500 have the slightest upwards adjustment in the tone-arm I won't get any time-code signal, so make sure the needle has good, solid contact with the vinyl.

geposted Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 5:15 pm
I've had that same problem before. I have the 1814 m-audio and I bought the Maya 44 for back up, I think it's the drivers for the M-Audio. I reinstalled XP on my computer and installed the maya44 drivers. That fixed it. I prefer the maya over m-audio because I only have one firewire port comparred to 4 USB ports. Sorry I dont have an answer for you, but if you get desperate and need to have a set up, thats what worked for me. GOODLUCK.

geposted Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 10:25 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)