Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: mapping a crossfade button to a dac3

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

hey guys ive gone through the manual on my dac3 plugin and im having some trouble finding out how to assign a button to do a crossfade manualy, (similar to clicking the mouse on the cued screen),

can this be donr without having to acsess multiple pages on the dac3?

ie, assign a cut to the shift button, and a crossfade to something else?

is there a newer update to the dac3 mapper?

thanks
BJ

www.rumjungle.ca

geposted Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 10:01 am
SHIFT+LOAD can be used to automatically crossfade the video to the appropriate side. CP+LOAD will do an instant crossfade. Both of these can be used even when the DAC-3 is not in video mode.

There are no new updates the DAC-3 mapper (Latest version is v1.4) - I use a Numark DMC-2 now, which is a lot better. This has dedicated video crossfading buttons.

geposted Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 7:35 pm
jpboggis your the one who created that mapper huh? it is also on the pcdj site under third party software drivers. how come you don,t update theirs to your current verson?

geposted Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 7:26 am
I created the mapper plugin DLL for VirtualDJ, which is available to all VDJ Pro and Numark Cue users who have purchased and registered their software (It isn't compatible with home/lite/trial versions - These don't support external controller plugins.)

I also originally created a customised and working MIDI map for the DAC-3 for use with VirtualDJ prior to it having native support for the DAC-3. PCDJ asked to include this MIDI map with their DAC-3 MIDI driver for the benefit of VDJ users buying the DAC-3.

This MIDI mapping is now obsolete because the DAC-3 has native support in VDJ and requires no drivers. With the addition of native support, I programmed a mapper plugin DLL for the DAC-3 that increases its functionality.

You can download this once you have purchased VDJ. You can still use the DAC-3 with the trial - You will just have the basic default mapping for it built into VDJ.

NOTE: There is a big difference between MIDI and native support for the DAC-3 (Which my mapper plugin DLL uses) - Native support allows the LED's and LCD displays to function. MIDI does not. The plugin DLL also allows for different modes (FX, video and sample), which would be impossible to implement under MIDI. Native support also gives increased pitch slider precision (256 steps vs 128 MIDI)

geposted Sun 08 Jul 07 @ 8:55 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)