Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Codecs

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Is there away of removing all codecs from a PC? I've lost count of the times i've had to download and install a new codec on my desktop over the years, so is it advisable to perform some kind of 'clean up' and reinstall using the latest versions?

There was a codec pack i downloaded sometime ago, and it appears in my add/remove programs, so easy to uninstall that, but where do all the others go that don't appear in the add/remove?

I think i'm getting conflicts from some of them. For example windows media player won't let me view a DVD because it says i don't have an MPEG2 decoder installed, but i do.

Any ideas (not on the windows media player problem, but the main part of the post)

Gary

geposted Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 3:20 am
Control Panel -> Sounds & Audio Devices -> Hardware -> Audio Codecs -> Properties
Control Panel -> Sounds & Audio Devices -> Hardware -> Video Codecs -> Properties

I would advise you stay out of there and just uninstall codecs from Add/Remove programs. Once you've removed as much as possible from Add/Remove programs, restart the computer, run this tool and then maybe restart again.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Vidc_Cleaner.htm

geposted Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 3:26 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)