Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Internal Database is Corrupted

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I downlaoded the windows updates and suddenly I am getting this message when I start Virtual Dj versions 4 or Higher. How can I fix this?

Brad

geposted Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 11:14 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 11:20 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
spinnaJ wrote :
But if there not so much cues or song there i would suggest u will need to delete the old database in ur VDJ folder n let it create a new one:)

No need to go that far ---

Here is a link to my tool - please follow the readme file - http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download.html?addon_id=2560

Download and save the tool in your C:\Program Files\VirtualDJ folder.
Make sure you extract the contained files into the C:\Program Files\VirtualDJ folder.
If you extract them to the runVDJ folder then you need to Cut & Paste them into the C:\Program Files\VirtualDJ folder.

Again, follow the readme file -- for those not yet registered please register your VDJ, VV or CUE products in your profile (http://www.virtualdj.com/fusers/modifuser.html) and I will gladly help you 1 - 1 through the Private Message (PM) system IF YOU NEED IT

cstoll

geposted Tue 10 Jul 07 @ 3:56 am
Thank you to everybody who helped me with this issue. I went into the virtual dj folder and removed the corrupt database and that fixed everything. I didn't even have to rescan the hard drive.

Thanks again to everybody who helped.

Brad A. Wolf (Wolfman)

geposted Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 9:32 am
Hi Guys,
I'm having problems with the DAC3 pitch slider sticking with VDJ. If I slide it all the way up or down it will free up for that song.
When the next song is loaded it acts the same way. I have downloaded a DAC Mapper about 8 months ago. Is there a newer mapper and is anyone else seeing this problem.
I'm running Windows XP Pro
Thyanks
Chris

geposted Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 3:58 am
This is most likely the 'safe pitch' function. This is activated if the software pitch in VDJ does not match the position of the real hardware slider, allowing you to move it to the correct position without a sudden audible change in pitch.

The pitch/BPM value in the upper-right of the LCD display will alternate between pitch/BPM and the amount you need to move the slider by to get it to the correct position (E.g: +020 means move down (Increase pitch) by 20 steps, -15 means move up (Decrease) by 15 steps.)

If the safe pitch is being triggered every time you load a song, you probably have the Auto BPM option turned on in the config of VirtualDJ (This is on by default.) This will automatically adjust the pitch each time you load a song so that the BPM matches the other deck. You should turn this option off.

NOTE: This topic is about database corruption. Please create a new topic rather than posting an unrelated message in an existing topic.

geposted Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 6:56 pm
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hey all. I'm sure I won't get a response anytime soon, but how long does the entire database repair, Including vdj restart, take? The app asked me if I wanted to run vdj after the repair and I answered "yes." However, after vdj started, I got a small window titled "validating database" with a "processing" progress bar. That small window has been on the screen for 15 minutes. I'm not sure if it has locked up. I don't want to just close vdj and ruin the process. Any ideas?

geposted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 3:11 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)