Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: scratching with XP10

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

X1LoVeRPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
Wich settings are recomended to scratch with xp10 like an Pioneer CD-Player (just for example).
I tried any settings in the XP10 mapper. My problem is, if I touch the platter the music does not stops like an turntable. It stops for a small moment then the music further plays.
I hope you understand my little explanation.
:o)

geposted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 4:56 pm
Thats odd, I've never had any problems with the touch platter on my XP-10's. They should stop and stay that way as long as a finger is touching the metal. Mine came with those really thin protective plastic sheets over the metal, are they still on there?

Don't remember what the setting is in the mapper, but I didn't have to change mine from default.

geposted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 5:16 pm
The protective plastic is not any more on it. But this cannot be the reason?

geposted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 5:28 pm
I don't think so, but who knows. I didn't even realize I had them until they bubbled. Does this only happen with one track or two playing? Mine HATE master tempo.

geposted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 5:40 pm
Try assigning a keyboard shortcut to reset_xp10 and then execute it (By pressing the appropriate key(s).)

Also, ensure that no cables are running underneath them (Including the USB cable.)

geposted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 8:23 pm
The same procedure! The music don´t stops if i touch the metal platter :'-(

geposted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 11:00 pm
I have found the mistake ! The metal platter was set to scratchwheel ! But this was the default settings in my mapper. I never touched it before.
I copied a file from the demo version of CUE. The right setting is "hold" to the metal platter and "scratchwheel" to the wheel.
And now it functions very well !
:o)

Thanx to all for your quick help.

But I still have a little question:
Where can be adjusted the scratchlatency?? the reaction is a little bit slow

geposted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 11:34 pm
Glad it works. Enjoy :)

geposted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 11:37 pm
LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
X1LoVeR wrote :

But I still have a little question:
Where can be adjusted the scratchlatency?? the reaction is a little bit slow

Known problem for me too...
I have after any VDJ performances settings (almost) zero latency for start/stop , goto cue etc.. keys on the XP10, but the scratch latency is still maybe 50 or 100 ms (only my gues). Any tips for better settings from other XP10 users?

geposted Tue 17 Jul 07 @ 7:43 pm
Audio Latency probably because of your sound card. get the Hercules, ASIO sound card
(Indigo I/O or Indigo DJ) or check out the tutorials for ASIO4ALL.

geposted Tue 17 Jul 07 @ 10:46 pm
LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
If i have latency for start/stop keys 2 or 5 ms, why is scratching latency 100 ms? Latency for whole XP10 must be the same, or no?

geposted Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 12:57 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)