Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Ripping/VOB playback problems

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ok, I'm not sure if this should go on the MAC forum or the General forum but here goes:

The last couple of days I've come across some DVD's which won't rip properly with the "Rip DVD" application.
For some reason it puts some of the Index menu in the first file and seeing that it keeps track times correct, the actual tracks will then overlap into each other.
I solved this by ripping it chapter by chapter with my Mac The Ripper application, but now the tracks won't play!!
What could be the issue? The ripped tracks plays perfectly in my VLC app, and also on my buddies PC. It's only 16 tracks that this has happened on so far (of aprox 4000 videos) so it's not a big deal, but I do of course want it to work.
Could it be that these specific DVD's have some other type of VOB tracks than normal? (Renaming them to MPEG did not help)
Could this be some kind of copy protection? (But the again, why is it working in VLC and on a PC...)
Do anyone have a VOB codec they suggest i swap with the internal video decoder?
And if so, how do I actually add new codec? I have a lot of codec packages on my MAC, but very few show up in the Virtual Vinyl selection.
Is there a folder I need to copy them to??

geposted Fri 13 Jul 07 @ 12:55 am
Anybody??

geposted Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 3:34 pm
Edit: reread the post and understood what you meant.

Do these ripped files not work ok in VirtualDJ? VirtualDJ uses it's own MPEG2 decompressor which works quite well. Does VLC allow you to seek through the track, i.e. can you skip to two minutes in the file for example. VLC is able to do a lot of things which other players cannot, such as play corrupted files and active (i.e. in use) files.

geposted Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 4:03 pm
When I load these files into VDJ, it only says: -Error.
But, the work through my VLC player.
And, the bizarre thing is, it works on VDJ on my PC!!
So clearly it seems to be a MAC issue with these certain VOB files.
I can send you guys some of the files for try-out if you'd like.
I've found that 31 files in my folder of 597 files does not work. And the haveall been ripped the same way... I even tried to re-rip some of them, with the same result....if find this very strange...:P

geposted Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 5:22 pm
Can you seek through the files with VLC player? If you can then they are probably not corrupted and then the issue may be with VirtualDJ's decoder for Mac, you've said the Windows version works so it sounds like it may be the case. It may be worth submitting a support ticket about this, although it may be problematic trying to send the support team a 300mb vob file. You can use the utility Chopper XP (on Windows machines) to try cutting maybe a 10 second sample from these problem vobs. If this sample will continue to work in VLC but not in VirtualDJ for Mac, then it may make sending the file easier.

geposted Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 5:30 pm
I can seek in VLC, no problem. And it works perfectly on Virtual Vinyl in Windows.
I'll upload one of the files to sendspace or something so one of you could try this out.

geposted Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 12:46 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hello mr numark norway

try ripping as mpg 2 , on a different program

the vdj ripper needs a bit of work still it doesnt like some disks

renaming the files will cause vdj to crash so i woudlnt do that

as its looking for a type of data which isnt there

i personaly use imt00 dvd ripper which is good at seperating the music vids too

geposted Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 1:54 am
Sky, you may have missed the first part of the post. The VDJ ripper does not work at all with these files another tool has successfully been used. However, these files do not play in Mac VirtualDJ yet they work fine in standalone players and Windows VirtualDJ!

geposted Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 2:57 am
Sky, as Andrew87 correctly states, my files has been ripped with Mac The Ripper and all the files work on the PC version of VV.
So far I've found 31 videos out of 597 which don't work.
The only thing that I've found they have in common is that when ripped in RipDVD, it is ripped wrong, including some of the menu in the first file and skews the ripping time later on from the disc. These "wrong" files will still play on the PC version but not on the MAC.
Any chance you'd like to check on of the files out for me sky??

geposted Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 3:12 am
ah i see ok sorry , sure il get you a ftp acount on my server , so u can send me one

geposted Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 10:26 am
ok check your pm :) i sent you the details

geposted Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 10:29 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)