Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ID3 Tag Problem

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

mark172PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi, all my mp3s have the correct filename but not ID3 tag so they were hard to find in vdj, so i downloaded ID3 TAGIT 3, it uses the filename to create an ID3 tag for the song.

However i cant get vdj to read them, they're staying as they were. ive went into options and enabled vdj to read 'title' (also tried 'title & comment') and nothing seems to work. Ive also tried re-installing vdj, deleteing virtualdj database file, moving the songs to a different folder and analizing them again. And still the songs are still not coming up with id3 tags. Also now when i load a song on the decks, only like 1/10 of the song is showing in the visual bit...could this be related? its like a need to start from scratch or something so that vdj thinks its all new tracks?...maybe not. anyone got any ideas, had this problem before?

geposted Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 7:11 pm
ok ive got it, id3 tags must be in version1. vdj does not support version2 id3 tags (this should be mentioned in the user guide). its now working and it looks a lot better. but still in the visual window the tracks are only loading about the first 12 bars, anyone else had this problem? it wasnt doing it before......

geposted Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 8:42 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
In Config -> Options -> Change your MAX LOAD option to 10 or 15 MIN

geposted Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 9:14 pm
yeh thats it now, thanks mate. what does max load mean? does it effect anything?

geposted Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 10:03 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
mark172 wrote :
yeh thats it now, thanks mate. what does max load mean? does it effect anything?

It represents how much minutes of the track will be loaded in the memory. For large files or video you will need a lot of ram. I set it on max 15 minutes and it is working ok for audio.

geposted Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 1:54 am
hope VDJ gets IDTAG2 compatible soon. Tagging has become a huge deal to me and my buddies cause we have such big collections of mp3 now.

Is the improvement planned ?

geposted Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 2:50 am
VirtualDJ does support ID3v2 tags. I just tested it just to be double sure. I made a new database file, copied a music folder into a new location, stripped the ID3v1 tags and gave all the files nonsense filenames. VirtualDJ still read the Artist and Title ID3v2 tags and displayed them correctly. However, when you rightclick a file and select File Info, details will only be displayed IF ID3v1 tags are available, otherwise it will be blank.

Another problem is VirtualDJ will not update the database for files which have already been analysed but have had their tags changed. This may be the problem you are experiencing.

geposted Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 2:57 am
This software is banging, only has it a week now and find is second to none,
At this point in time. I have been with PCDJ, since the beginning which at the time was the only
Solid MP3 software. So I guess there was a time PCDJ was better than VDJ and then a point when
VDJ took the lead…right now it is leading, but has let me down personally where it matters most.
As a person with thousands of albums and tracks ID3 Tagged. It’s database search does not recognise ID3 Tags even with ‘read ID3 tags enabled. A few have suggested to rename the file names, as Artist – Title, will take me a Year to do that. Others say create playlists, but I have playlists on PCDJ but I can’t always rely on those, I need to be able to call up any track I think of on the fly, that’s priceless….I rely on that…crowd I’m playing sometime may not like the playlists I have set I have to set, so I have to call tracks as I go - knowing my tracks are fingers tips away allows me time to concentrate on the mixing…

I am totally sold write now an think that the selling price of £154 for VDJ is something I will pay in a flash - but only as soon as they get this right. Right now I will wait and see what the PCDJ Reflex is like as it might match up to VDJ – may not be as perfected and stable as they are only just changing to this new interface that VDJ and Serato and M-Audio have - but for me as I’m not too bothered about Videos as yet, just audio.
Another thing I like is that You guys take on hardware and incorporate full compatibility, that’s top
class. Vedict is I’m 70% VDJ right now. I realise I am one man and everybody else seems content with it as there are not many topics about this. I guess it’s because the pros, outweigh the cons….but as
as I’m concerned so far, it’s the only let down..

geposted Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 2:38 pm
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
use a program called ID3 renamer http://www.id3renamer.com/
Its the quickest easiest way ive found to rename files from the tag.
Just change the renaming formula to %artist - %title
Uncheck rename folder option and within 15 minutes you should have your entire collection renamed. Make sure you try on just one folder first to see if the changes are correct before going on with the rest.
Hope this helps!
Mike

geposted Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 2:51 pm
thanks mike, will give it a try...

geposted Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 3:27 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)