Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: gain control

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

im running a numark cm200usb 5 channel mixer
a dmc2 with jps map (great map btw)
settings
one tick to the right and auto latency
safemode and over clock not ticked
and always 0db

what im looking for is to get more gain control and not have to fuss with the mixer contol in the mapper and have it all auto. to get it loud enough for the dancefloor. at the moment i have the gain, master volume and the channel volume at max and the auto gain works for what id does and equlizes all the tracks to the same anitial volume. is there away to incrase the volume of the first track and have all the other track fallow in in its footsteps like the auto gain does but just with more pc anital gain. and always match doesnt seem to do this either.

geposted Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 3:58 am
Thats odd that everything needs to be jacked like that. I would check to make sure that the volume is set to max in Windows to give you more latitude.

I also seem to remember reading about a way to save the gain settings for each track in VDJ, but don't do it myself.

geposted Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 4:25 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sounds like you need stronger AMPs and better speakers. I use the same mixer and don't have this problem. What are you using in your rig?

Or, better yet - what bitrate are your MP3 ripped at? Anything below 128kbps will be crap - recommend though for best minimum quality is 192kbps

geposted Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 4:28 pm
all my music is at 192 and can play cd with out this problem. in controlpanel to sounds and audio devices it set on stero pc speakers should i use quadraphonic speakers in stead also have c-media 3d audio config and all thats set to maxs

amps
1- 240 watt qsc at 4 ohm
1- 160 watt qsc at 4 ohm
1- 800 watt pevey at 4 ohm (cs800)
speakers - all pair
kalipsh holded horn 15 with top box 1" compretion driver and t350 (belive thats the tweeterj model)
these ru of the 240
community serises II 2- 12" and 3 super pezzos
these run off the 160
the thing is they all run at the same volume no matter the wattage or what the volume is set at.
it acts like i need a pre amp between the mixer and amp
i dont use the 800 very often and i havent found a place that was big enough to break out the big stuff

ps all kalipsh drivers are electrovoice

big stuff all pairs
electrovoice deepthrought horn 500 rms 1200 peak
home made cabinet with same 15 as above and 2-5" and 4 tweeter all electrovoice
even though there home made there a kalipsh design with a few twists to improve

i know its not from the amps to speakers ive had them at 128 db and proven by a desible meter from the cops whe they got pissed and wanted to see what i had............... later that week i got play the town fall fest lol

geposted Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 11:01 pm
Are you using the USB inputs of the mixer for your sound cards?
If not then there is the starting point.

The c-media 3d audio configuration setting won't make a difference if you are using the mixer's built in sound cards.

How is your Sound Setup in the Config of VDJ?

geposted Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 11:56 pm
yes im using the mixer as the sound cards to two differant usb ports
and the dmc is on a third usb port

geposted Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 12:07 am
rockinrossco wrote :
yes im using the mixer as the sound cards to two differant usb ports
and the dmc is on a third usb port

What is your sound config in CUE? Is it using the DMX01 or is it in ASIO

geposted Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 2:55 am
config
0 inputs
external mixer
and first sound card i use the top usb codec which = left deck (set it up that way when installing the "driver" from the sound card

second card use the bottom usb codec which = right deck (same as a bove)

auto gain 0 db
performace 1 tick left of fastest
laenccy auto
safemode and over clock not ticked

all others default

if nothing else i can just make a key board short cut dont fry yur brain over it but thanks for the great effort eventhough i dont know if this is what you wanted

geposted Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 3:13 am
Since you are not doing any Timecode work (CD or Vinyl) slide the Performance fader all the way to the left - set latency to Auto and leave the safe mode and overclock unchecked.

Do you get a better level?

geposted Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 3:30 am
well ill have to try it tomarrow its getting late and the neighbors will kick my ass or ask why they werent invited to the party(never know with them)lol. the fall fest was a few years back and it rock the the town literaly i was saking the windows in the pocile station 4 blocks away or so. and not one person conplained

geposted Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 4:20 am
well thats weird i had it working and for the past few days ive been looking for why on channel (left, 3rd channel) has all but dropped out about as loud a $10 walmart specail radio gets but the right (4th) channel come though clear as day and loud. didnt change any thing when it happened but in all my poking around i may have changed something

well i jsut went back and relooked and kick my azz i figured it out i didnt set the volume for the second usb codec it was only set to half and that was the side i was havign trouble with i was only messing with the left side while i was tracing this down and it was the volume on the left side all the time and when i looked at the volume it was set to the right side.

well place a big stupid stamp on my head for the day go figuare well at least its all sorted and found out somthing new and what to do about it for next time.

ps and i can have the mixer gain all the way down and its loud as all get out but at least i still have headroom on the amp also and a gain to work with

later all and keep the floor hoppen

geposted Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 12:35 am
glad you got it worked out !!

geposted Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 12:55 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)